i have had my tubes tied for 3 years but for the last 2 weeks i have had morning sickness my breasts are sore and i have no energy could i be pregnant

Wanda S.

Asked by Wanda S. at 10:56 PM on Jan. 12, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I saw an episode of "I Didn't Know I Was Pregnant" where a woman didn't think she was pregnant because she had had her tubes tied so I guess it's possible.
    EwansMommy

Answer by EwansMommy at 10:58 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• It is always a possibility. Take a pregnancy test.
    neebug3766

Answer by neebug3766 at 10:58 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• There's very good chance no, but miracles do happen!
    Drayad

Answer by Drayad at 10:58 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• No birth control is 100%, and tubal is birth control. I've had a tubal, too, and if you get pregnant, your chances of ectopic pregnancy are higher. So if you think it's possible, you should take a test and see. If it's positive, get in contact with your OB and see where to go from there.
    SpaceToast

Answer by SpaceToast at 10:58 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• I had a pregnancy scare recently. I had all of the above symptoms...but it must have been just a virus. Sore breasts, no energy, and morning sickness.
    IsaiahsMommy3

Answer by IsaiahsMommy3 at 10:59 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• Yes it is possible but many implant in the tubes and not the uterus. If the tube ruptures it is very painful and a lot of blood loss can accure. Take a test and see, if you are go to your OB ASAP like previous poster stated..

Are you expecting a period soon, or did you just have one?
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 11:03 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• As SpaceToast mentioned a pregnancy after a tubal is very possibly ectopic - that's not to say it couldn't be a normal pregnancy, but that's less likely - not impossible, but less likely. I'd take a home test and if it's positive, schedule with the doc ASAP.
    Tuzyae

Answer by Tuzyae at 11:03 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• when in doubt :pee on the stick
    smilingmomma

Answer by smilingmomma at 11:11 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• it is possible... i hear that you can still get pregnant even when your tubes are tied so i would say take a test and see a doc right away.. best of luck
    Lynnsae

Answer by Lynnsae at 11:12 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• Yep. It's rare but not unheard of.

My mom has concieved TWICE since she had her tubes tied over 15 years ago. One was a twin pregnancy and one was a singleton. Both of them ended in miscarriage but they doctor's don't believe it was related to the previous tubal ligation.

You do however have a HIGH risk of tubal pregnancies.
    Anonymous