Is it possible that I'm just not producing a detectable amount of HCG? Even after...

I had my IUD removed back in November, started birth control right after and before I was completely finished with the first pack I was not only taking an antibiotic but was also taking my pill whenever I remembered as opposed to taking it at a set time each day. We all know that means there's 3 ways that my birth control could have failed me in that case. Well a week later I had unprotected sex with hubs and he pulled out and then 2 weeks later again and he was a tad late pulling out (December 2nd). I've had my periods since...but I'd say they are considerably lighter than normal. I also just get this feeling that I am pregnant. I'm started to feel queasy like I did when I was pregnant with my daughter and I have this feeling like I'm hungry all the time but when I do eat if makes me want to throw up. I have also been having headaches and frequent urination.

Here's the issue. I took a test, a few tests actually and they've all come up negative. I took one right before my period...right after. And the most recent was a few days ago, so it would have been a good 5 weeks after the last accident. All the tests have been negative. I feel pregnant though!

With my daughter, I got a positive test BEFORE I even missed a period, my hormones were out of control, is it possible that I could be producing such a low amount that it can't be detect yet? Even though I've been pregnant before and clearly produced a very detectable amount, very early on? The furthest along I could be is like 8 weeks max.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:58 PM on Jan. 12, 2011 in Pregnancy

• If ur atleast 8 weeks along a home test should detect it..when I was most recently pregnant it detected it at 6 weeks..but most of the time it takes atleast a week after ur missed period to get a positive
    SweetPoison

Answer by SweetPoison at 11:02 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• Wow girl I'd go to your OB and have them do a blood test. 8 wks in, you should definitely have some postitive tests going on. But everybody's different... good luck and congrats if it's a positive!!
    MamaLisa1976

Answer by MamaLisa1976 at 11:03 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• False negatives are always possible. (False positives are not). Time will tell. If you ate worried about taking the pill while pregnant then stop taking it. Use rubbers religiously. (or not if you don't care either way) and wait it out.

For the record, "pull and pray" had a zero percent efficacy rate. But we all learned that in middle school, right?!? *wink*
    magillrn

Answer by magillrn at 11:07 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• it is possible i always had my periods for 2 to 3 months while i was pregnant
    Wanda S.

Answer by Wanda S. at 11:07 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• I agree go to the ob clinic... I was in my second trimester when I found out I was prego... But I had no symptoms and a regular period. I took prego test and it was a negative result. I went to the clinic cause I was (i know it's Tmi) constipated and go figure the blood test showed I was prego and then to top it off I found out the gender the same day
    christinkie

Answer by christinkie at 11:11 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• Yes there are some women who in a pregnancy for some reason will not ever produce a positive urine test I suggest a blood test and ultrasound to be sure
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 2:59 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• If you think you're pregnant, go see your doctor. Most of the time though HPT's are pretty accurate - especially at 8 weeks. Your periods could be lighter because of your body reacting to the different birth control. Much luck to you.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 7:06 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• Go to your dr. and get a blood test done. Thats about the only way your going to know for sure. IMO though you probably are not pregnant and its just the birth control messing with your system. good luck.
    stevynjjsmoma

Answer by stevynjjsmoma at 10:29 AM on Jan. 13, 2011