Do you think it would be okay if I wait on a gift for ......

my daughters 2nd bday? We are really, really low on cash. We are still gonna do cake on her bday. I get my taxes done three days later, then I could do something. Would that be bad?

Musicmom80

Asked by Musicmom80 at 11:19 PM on Jan. 12, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I think that is a good plan.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 11:21 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• No or just go to the dollar tree pick up some small things she will never know the diffrence
    Marie_07

Answer by Marie_07 at 11:21 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• not all, she probably won't even notice
    luvschocolate

Answer by luvschocolate at 11:22 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• We didn't even have a party for our youngest at two. It was just after Christmas and he didn't need a bunch of new toys. We had a cake on his birthday and that was it. I wouldn't have even worried about that except the oldest son insisted. They are so little at that age and don't even know what a birthday is. I wouldn't sweat it personally.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 11:22 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• That sounds like a plan?
    jdbrown21

Answer by jdbrown21 at 11:23 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• I don't think it would be bad. You can do other things to make her day special. For my dd's birthday one of the things I did was make her cream of wheat for breakfast because it was once of her favorite breakfasts. You can make a big deal out of things that are special to her.
    christinab313

Answer by christinab313 at 11:23 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• yeah...she is young she will be fine. you could just get her like one or two cheaptoys or waittoget her what you really want.
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 11:34 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• Absolutely! you can wait a few months, and it will be just as exciting for her as it would be on the day of her birthday and if you don't make a fuss of it not being her actual B day, she won't miss it. And you might be able to get her something better that way too!
    spottedpony

Answer by spottedpony at 11:42 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• I think at her age she wouldn't notice right away and it would be fine.
    KnitWit0686

Answer by KnitWit0686 at 3:24 PM on Jan. 14, 2011