indoor activity for 4 kids

I have four kids that range in age from 9-15. What indoor games or activities could we play on snowy or raining days!

JennyJenny529

Asked by JennyJenny529 at 11:37 PM on Jan. 12, 2011 in Entertainment

• Candy land, shoots and ladders, Slap Jack.... other board games.

I like to go to the dollar store, buy paints, wood trinkets, popsicle sticks, glue, glitter etc... make fun crafts, bird houses, etc. Craft stores have loads of goodies for rainy days.
    Skepticchick

Answer by Skepticchick at 11:40 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• You can make forts. All kids, young and old love to build forts. All you need is blankets and furniture.
    There are also a huge variety of Cranium games, that are REALLY fun for kids that age.
    You could also buy some origami papers and have contests.
    Full reading days. The kids can stay in their jammies and make little reading nooks, with pillows and blankets, and read all day< that was my favorite when I was a kid. My mom would make fun finger foods and we would just eat them in our reading spots.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 11:42 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• Thanks! These are some great ideas!
    JennyJenny529

Comment by JennyJenny529 (original poster) at 11:43 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• Sorry, only thing I can think of revolves ducktape LOL. Good Luck! When the going gets tough, Mom goes shopping
    luvschocolate

Answer by luvschocolate at 11:44 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• My son has a Wii and we play educational games on it and then play board games by he is only 2 so her kind of just moves the pieces.
    karing4elmas

Answer by karing4elmas at 11:44 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• Yeah, the Wii would be a great option! Bump
    khf22

Answer by khf22 at 12:10 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• my 9 year old likes the game Apples to Apples and so do i. Maybe uno and some easier card games. All my kids love drawing and crafts. perhaps something like letting them frost and decorate sugar cookies. we buy vanilla frosting and seperate it and use food coloring to make different colors, and see what kind of designs they can come up with. kinda like edible finger paint. im not sure my oldest is 9 so im not to familiar with kids older than that exactly.
    Itsallgood

Answer by Itsallgood at 12:35 AM on Jan. 13, 2011