at 34 weeks is it concerning to lose your mucous plug?

just lost mine and im 34 weeks 3 days. i was thinking its a bit early. should i call the doctor?

cassie_m

Asked by cassie_m at 12:03 AM on Jan. 13, 2011 in Pregnancy

• no, don't call your doctor.. I lost mine slowly you will prob end up just leaking fluid with in a week or so or a few days depending. But its just a sign that labor is coming happend to me and my baby was born 2 weeks early at the end of my 37th week. YOu never know good luck!
    staciepi

Answer by staciepi at 12:05 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• you're water may break. Unless you are leaking fluid or your water has broke don't call your doctor. When your water breaks go to the hospital.
    staciepi

Answer by staciepi at 12:06 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• Did you loose all of it? You could be loosing bits and pieces. I think you'll be fine.
    Don't worry just yet! Remember not to take baths , now since some or even all of your MP is gone.

Congrats
    khf22

Answer by khf22 at 12:06 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• i dont know if i lost all of it? how much is supposed to come out? it was a bit of it,
    cassie_m

Comment by cassie_m (original poster) at 12:08 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• I lost mine at 30 weeks and my son came at 36 weeks. But he was a BIG baby. Even that early he was 9pounds 6oz. and b4 u ask, no my due date wasn't off and no i wasn't diabetic, they said had we went to term he would of been ruffly 12 to 14 pounds. Was a repeat c-section so no biggie there. I wouldn't call the dr just yet. See how things are going in the morning then u might just call and let their nurse know that you have started losing your plug and thought they might want to know. This way they are aware, and it will maybe also put your mind at ease!
    momof3xthefun

Answer by momof3xthefun at 12:26 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• If you lose your mucus plug and labor doesn't start withing a day or so, your body will build another mucus plug. I lost my mucus plug 3 times during the last 2 or 3 weeks of my pregnancy.
    Nadali

Answer by Nadali at 12:59 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• It is totally normal and fine to loose your mucous plug. Your cervix is what creates the mucous and it is constantly creating more to keep your vagina clean and free of harmful bacteria and yeast. At the end of pregnancy the cervix makes more mucous which will cause loss of the old hardened mucous this is to prepare your body to be a safe place to deliver a baby.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 2:47 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• i would call my doctor just to make sure and see what they want me to do.
    proudmamitobe

Answer by proudmamitobe at 6:59 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• Sorry i never lost mine but here is a bump!
    stevynjjsmoma

Answer by stevynjjsmoma at 10:23 AM on Jan. 13, 2011