DS games??

My husband got our kids a DS each- my son will be 6 in June and is great with techno gadgets and has already mastered the thing in two days. Well, today he brought home another one for our daughter who will be 5 in August- she's very smart, but hasn't had alot of experience with techy stuff. She barely plays the Wii, where as our son has known how to set one up, control the games, change settings, etc since he was her age...with that in mind- I'm wanting to know of any good games for their age group. My son is an early reader, but is there anything out there that is educational for their age group, or just easier for them to do??

KariLyn84

Asked by KariLyn84 at 12:04 AM on Jan. 13, 2011 in Technology

• Cooking Mama might be good for your daughter.
    If your son has any cartoons he likes there are usually games for those as well.

Here is what we do with out Ds games: We buy them USED from gamestop. They have a policy there that is EXCELLENT, on used games you have 7 DAYS to beat it or just try it out and see if you like it. If your kids DO NOT LIKE the game within those 7 days, take your receipt and the game and go back to gamestop and you can get another used game.

I do this all the time with my kids. I cannot count how many games we would own for no reason without the gamestop policy.

Try this. Also take your daughter with you, they may let her test the game instore.

GL
    4xsthetrouble

Answer by 4xsthetrouble at 5:41 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• I always talk to the guys at Toys r Us before I buy any games they know everything!
    Noosa

Answer by Noosa at 12:07 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• No idea, Bump!!
    khf22

Answer by khf22 at 12:05 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• i would say that racing games seem to be the easiest to pick up on , in my opinion. There is a shrek racing game that my kids play, that seems easy enough. My 5 year old does not have one but usually plays my 9 year olds alot .. she has picked it up easily but she also plays wii and is quite good at it.
    Itsallgood

Answer by Itsallgood at 12:09 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• I do believe they start with age levels so look at the recomended ages but the carrtoon ones ie scooby, some disney maybe good. My son really lujked a pets on whwre you take care of dogs and cats and watch theprogress. I am sure that would be fyun for her.
    21lisa72

Answer by 21lisa72 at 12:19 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• We bought our 6 year DD one for Christmas, and she loves to play Mario Party, and Cooking Mama.
    ksmootchies

Answer by ksmootchies at 12:43 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• Many games are too difficult for a 5 yr old, many are too boring. We haven't found many games for girls that are fun on the DS.

A friend recommended Brain Age, but I don't know what age they are for.

I agree with PP, if you have a GameStop near you, definitely buy used games and keep the receipt. Also ask for their Power Up card. You get money off used games, and you get more money for games you sell to them.
    RedRowan

Answer by RedRowan at 6:41 PM on Jan. 15, 2011