Toddlers in tiarras. Would you do this to your kids?

Watching these women just makes me want to slap them in the face. Sorry for being blunt but it's just ridiculous! Hair spray,gobs of makeup,tanning, fake teeth, waxing,contacts, skimpy outfits...what is wrong with these moms?!!!

iluvmykidsxoxo

Asked by iluvmykidsxoxo at 12:14 AM on Jan. 13, 2011 in General Parenting

• As long as the child is having fun, and it's not consuming their life, I see no problem with it. Every child likes to play a form of dress-up. The problem I have is the extreme with which some people take it. I don't think extremes of anything is appropriate for a child. It's too easy to impose one's own will over that of the child's so the question of who wants to do it is more blurred. It breaks my heart to see the little girls crying because all they want is some approval from mom or dad, and they're not getting it unless they prance around. That's just terrible.
    Busimommi

Answer by Busimommi at 12:27 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• No way in hell. My Husband and I were actually talking about this earlier tonight..He had plenty to say about it, lol. We are both against it and think it's wrong on so many levels..I'll keep the rest of Our thoughts on it between Him and I. =]
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 1:24 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• I think it's pathetic! These poor children don't have a choice! Their mothers are trying to make their daughters into something they wish they were. Beauty Queens, which they (the mothers) aren't!
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 12:26 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• I think the families they show are waaaaaay over the top! I am sure there are a lot of kids that are in it just for the fun, with parents who don't go overboard! I think the tanning and the fake teeth on children that young is crazy!
    ILoveCade

Answer by ILoveCade at 12:34 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• I know right? Can anyone say prosti-tots?
    CalebsMommy0220

Answer by CalebsMommy0220 at 12:59 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• NO EFFFING WAY!!!!!!
    khf22

Answer by khf22 at 12:14 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• God NO!!!

I think my kids are naturally beautiful, they don't need any make-up or spray-on tan!
    mysevenkids

Answer by mysevenkids at 12:16 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• HELLZ NO! THAT SHOULD B OUTLAWED!
    ProudMom1.13.10

Answer by ProudMom1.13.10 at 12:17 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• oh HELL NO!!! It's disgusting! Thats half of what's wrong with kids today! Think how these girls are going to grow up- they'll all likely end up with low self esteem, eating habits of one kind or another, or on the flip slide, treat everyone like they're not good enough, etc. My older sister did beauty pagents as an early teen through about 18 and she is SOOOO damn self conscious! She's always obsessing over her thighs, or her hips, etc- she worried about her nose for a long time- she's 34 now, gorgeous as ever, running 5k marathons for charity and for fun- she's a great person and she's owned her own greenhouse business for 10 yrs now, and she still acts like she's not good enough etc etc. It should be a form of child neglect/mistreatmentt in my opinion!
    KariLyn84

Answer by KariLyn84 at 12:19 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• No way in hell ..... its a bunch of mothers trying to live their dream through their daughters. Wish they would all grow up.
    MumaSue

Answer by MumaSue at 12:23 AM on Jan. 13, 2011