Human/animal genetic splicing a reality? Yes!

Pigs have been genetically designed with human chemistry, holding human blood.

""Scientists feel that, the more humanlike the animal, the better research model it makes for testing drugs or possibly growing 'spare parts,' such as livers, to transplant into humans," National Geographic reported. "Watching how human cells mature and interact in a living creature may also lead to the discoveries of new medical treatments." - Human-animal hybrids in life vs. death struggle, Science-fiction fantasy becomes reality in labs

Did you know about this? And, what are your thoughts on the matter?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:20 AM on Jan. 13, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• It has been used in surgery for sometime now to replace heart valves with pig valves or cow, and also as alternative in stem cell research for parkinson, diabetes and other diseases. http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2005/02/0215_050215_transplant.html

gou18

Answer by gou18 at 12:57 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• As I emerge out of my cave, I say "This is truly fascinating"!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:05 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• I believe we have seen some of them posting on here.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:56 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• I know animal parts are being used now but I can't get over the vision of animal parts on humans
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 9:35 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• I think if we play God we will suffer the consequences.

yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 10:02 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• I think it is a wonderful thing.. I don't think we are "Playing God" .. God created our desire for knowledge.. and created the knowledge we are learning. How can you say we will suffer the consequences? If you were faced with death and actually in people's shoes who needed these procedures... Your decision would change in a split second. We are all just Animals. Some people forget that.
    MKSers

Answer by MKSers at 10:31 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• How is it NOT playing God when you are combining the genetics of different species? You are in effect creating a NEW species. If this species has human genes does that give them human rights?? I think it is a slippery slope.

yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 11:12 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• I agree with yourspecialkid.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:29 AM on Jan. 13, 2011