Do you consider secretly watching Internet porn a form of cheating?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:10 PM on Nov. 12, 2008 in Relationships

• If its me no but my hubby yes!! LOL Id rather watch it together :)
    Anonymous

• I think "cheating" can only be defined as being in emotional or physical contact with another man or woman. Just watching people on a screen (in my opinion) isn't cheating. Yes, it's wrong to do it secretly, but it's different than talking to people or having sex with other people.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 5:12 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• idc what other repliers say, but because I believe in the bible's teachings I do believe porn is cheating spouse would look at the porn lustfully, and lusting for another is cheating to me. This type of cheating can be easily forgivable whereas actual intercourse with another is not (to me)
    Anonymous

• Oh my God...NO!!
    tomsbride

Answer by tomsbride at 5:51 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• One more thought....Ladies, if we truly want to understand our men and have their trust, we have to stop making them feel bad for their sexual urges. Men are different than us, and thank goodness. We need to be a little more accepting of occasional porn viewing or masturbation.

I know we all think it's them choosing something else over being with us, but it truly is not! Once we accept our husbands for who and what they are, sexual creatures, we can learn not to take porn or masturbation as on offense to us.

My husand is now much more open with me about what he does and actually does it less because he doesn't have sneek or keep secrets or feel ashamed.
    tomsbride

Answer by tomsbride at 5:54 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• cheating?-no
    lying, breaking my trust-yes.
    {coming from a woman who is married dot a recovering porn addict.}
    When we first got married no matter how much i tried to make him feel comfortable, he lied about it anyways because he was ashamed and felt guilty, feelings i did not instill in him.

Now, even though it is not allowed in my house, i still do not consider it cheating. Now...i kind of felt like he was cheating when he would always choose it over me and his family. but looking in secret in itself, no....just lying.
    chyna_doll

Answer by chyna_doll at 6:04 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• oh yes, and it does depend if it is a chatline or live cam- it is cheating.
    {also using the internet for porn in my house is a very grave offense especially since our girls might find it}.
    chyna_doll

Answer by chyna_doll at 6:05 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• I consider habitually doing anything secretly as a violation of marital trust.
    teri4lance

Answer by teri4lance at 6:16 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• I don't consider watching internet porn cheating...my husband watches porn on the internet and he doesn't know that I know he does...as long as it stays on the internet and he is not going to meet up with other women I think it is fine...I'm glad he isn't going to strip clubs or cheating...I believe men need that outside stimulation...its in their nature or something...lol! But I wouldn't worry about it if its only internet porn...good luck and god bless...
    tall_mom42

Answer by tall_mom42 at 7:28 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• Porn is not allowed in my marriage. If he needs more excitement then all he has to do is tell me what he wants. if he wants to watch people have sex then he can buy a video camera and we will make our own that he can watch whenver he wants. If thats not good enough then he can find himself a new wife.
    lovemybabys1106

Answer by lovemybabys1106 at 11:07 PM on Nov. 12, 2008