How long does Frontline take to work?

Does anyone use Frontline Plus for their dogs? I have a pug and out of nowhere he has a bunch of fleas. I just put some Frontline plus on him and was wondering how long did it take for you to tell the fleas are dying? Do they die pretty fast?

bree79001

Asked by bree79001 at 12:20 AM on Jan. 13, 2011 in Pets

• 24 hours
    mommytoJames512

Answer by mommytoJames512 at 12:23 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• 24 hrs
    khf22

Answer by khf22 at 12:24 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• Yea 24. I've even noticed sooner. That's what I use for my dogs
    bizima4

Answer by bizima4 at 12:26 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• Yes the fleas can come off with a special comb.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 12:43 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• cool thanks
    bree79001

Comment by bree79001 (original poster) at 1:01 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• Wait a minute. It takes 24 hours for the fleas who jump on him to die, but you will have thousands of eggs and fleas elsewhere. It takes about 3-4 months with a light infestation for them to all jump on the frontline and die. It will work, but expect a few months. You can speed the process by vacuuming everything and dumping the bags in an outdoor trash disposal bin. You can also use a flea bomb, but I would prefer not to do that chemical treatment.
    spottedpony

Answer by spottedpony at 11:14 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• Also, for the frontline to have maximum effect, apply it at the base of the tail and a spot on the dog's shoulders, make sure you get to the skin levels and don't bathe the dog for 2 days before or after the application of the frontline.
    spottedpony

Answer by spottedpony at 11:16 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• Hi - it will take about 24 hrs to fully kick -in... I like a more natural product called D.Earth powder - I also use a good supplement called NuVET... Here is the link to using D.Earth for flea control --- VERY low cost and all Natural... NuVet Plus supplements sure help get rid of fleas and D.Earth all Natural Powder Here are the links for both.... D.earth is very safe - apply every other day - great for dogs, cats, and even goats. I get mine from Revival Animal Health: http://www.revivalanimal.com/store/pg/777-Diatomaceous-Earth.aspx

D.E powder and the NuVET feline vitamin - YOU will get rid of the Fleas!

NuVET - here:  http://www.apluspetcare.com/untitled4.html

nuvetmarie

Answer by nuvetmarie at 7:33 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• Getting them out of your carpet etc is another story, you have to treat your home as well.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 7:12 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• We had fleas once due to another dog, My vet said no need for bombing,.... just vaccum often and it will get them all...it worked for us and also I rewashed everything my DOg had just in case.
    kingkongsmom

Answer by kingkongsmom at 9:42 AM on Jan. 17, 2011