Has a question

I am going to be 15 weeks on February 2nd. I am also going for my prenatal checkup. Is it to early to find out the sex then or can you tell at that stage?

ready4baby2011

Asked by ready4baby2011 at 12:36 AM on Jan. 13, 2011 in Pregnancy

• They usually don't do the "sex" ultrasound until 20 weeks... the baby is more developed then. I think though that some places can and have been able to tell the sex that early.
    amygoetsch

Answer by amygoetsch at 12:39 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• I was 15-16 weeks with my last child and they could tell that he was a he. It also helps when the child is cooperative. I don't know if we were lucky or not, we didn't find out the gender with the first 2 kiddos.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 12:44 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• It is probable, but not always possible. Try asking when you have your ultrasound if they can check for the sex, and keep your fingers cross that they can give a answer. But don't be too disappointed if they aren't able to.
    Auramom24

Answer by Auramom24 at 12:50 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• still a little to early. but i found out with my daughter at 16 weeks. but normally they dont do a "gender" ultrasound until 18-22 weeks.
    meglynn0919

Answer by meglynn0919 at 1:38 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• too early sexual organs arent developed enough until 18 weeks
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 2:42 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• Most places won't do the gender US any earlier than 16 weeks. Its really better to wait unitl at least 18 weeks. I knwo the wait feels like forever but hang in there. I'm 17 weeks and still waiting....
    GoldenLinds

Answer by GoldenLinds at 3:31 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• i dont think so. i found out what i was having when i was 17 weeks and im 28 weeks now.
    proudmamitobe

Answer by proudmamitobe at 6:52 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• I found out at 16 weeks with this one but they wouldnt put it down for sure until i was 21 weeks b/c they said at 16 weeks its easy to mistake what your having. I just got lucky. I would wait til around 20 weeks though so that they can tell for sure.
    stevynjjsmoma

Answer by stevynjjsmoma at 10:21 AM on Jan. 13, 2011