what made you want to become a parent?

For me i never wanted to have kids... it just wasn't in the books for me.. but i met my husband and he changed it all for me.. i knew i found the right man for me and knew he'd be a great dad.. which made me think i knew i was ready as a person to have a child.. and i'm so happy i did.

Lynnsae

Asked by Lynnsae at 12:46 AM on Jan. 13, 2011 in General Parenting

• I got pregnant and had a child...

Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 12:47 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• It was a calling. my mom always told me I would be a great mom!!! She was right!! God rest her soul! It is the best thing in the world I ever did!! I am so proud of him!!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 12:52 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• I was always nurturing. I always knew I would have kids, and chose a profession that would comfortably allow me to have children. When I met my husband, I knew he would make a great father as he was just as nurturing as I was, and his desire for a family was as strong as mine.

What amazes me is that before I had kids, I loved my husband and thought it wasn't possible to love someone this much. Now that I have a child, I'm amazed at my capacity to love my son. I didnt' think it was possible to have such profound feelings for another person. This has taught me that our capacity to love and care is infinite, It's pretty great!
    Busimommi

Answer by Busimommi at 1:01 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• Time and chance ;)
    Heathercurlz

Answer by Heathercurlz at 1:11 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• I always knew I was meant to be a Mom..ever since I was like, 6. Since then, I've had the strongest Motherly Instincts and they have only gotten stronger since having my own Child. And, well - my perfect Son was meant to be! I love being His Mommie, and I am complete!
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 1:21 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• I have always wanted kid never thought of not having them
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 2:27 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• family in the vanIt's all I have ever wanted to be. it's part of who I am even before I had kids. I'm addicted to babies. There is nothing that compares. It's what I feel I was put here on Earth to be. I never felt more proud than the day I became a mom.

SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 3:14 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• during my senior year of highschool, i had an urge to just run off and get married. but then i decided instead to go to college and that basically deterred all of those feelings. A few years later I've met my DF and I now know that everything in life happens for a reason. he is truly the ONE for me, and after going to school to be a teacher i sort of decided that I didn't want to have children of my own, becuase the kids at school would be enough, but since I've been with him, everything has changed i've never wanted a family more. I'm now pregnant of 4-5 weeks!! (listen to this song "Bless the Broken Road" by rascal flatts)
    Wowifey

Answer by Wowifey at 4:28 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• I have to say when I was younger I never really wanted kids..as I got older I felt that I had a lot to offer children and I love helping and caring for people. Once I had my first child I knew that I loved being a parent and I have so much fun with it. Now I have 3 beautiful children and I love being a SAHM and watching them grow and change!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 7:53 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• I've always loved kids. I wanted to be a teacher all my life for that reason and I was a Teaching Assistant for years. When I was in high school, I babysat a lot. In fact, I took on a fulltime babysitting position for three small children, ages 2 mos., 18 mos., and 3. I was practically their mother when I was just a sophomore. I loved it! I knew instinctively that I wanted my own children someday. I have 4 who are all adults now.
    rosiemendo

Answer by rosiemendo at 8:46 AM on Jan. 13, 2011