need your opinion please

ok so this friend of mine keeps telling me what two of my other friends have been saying about me and it has been hurting me. so i talk about it with this friend all the time because i am disappointed in the other two and what they have said. I was hurt that they haven't really been there for me lately since i'm going through ppd and all and they told her that they weren't that close to me for me to have this expectation of them to do so when I was always there for them in good times and bad. yesterday this friend tells me i should let things go and that i am fixating on it too much. Don't u think that if she wouldn't have told me, it would have been easier to let things go and not fixate on it? you know...what you don't know won't hurt you type of thing? Isn't hard to just let it go when you can't stop thinking about it? tnx

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:11 PM on Nov. 12, 2008 in Relationships

• I would be mad at her for telling me that.. I would tell her to stop telling me things about what others have said about me

Answer by louise2 at 5:16 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• I'm not so sure she is a true friend. Yes it must hurt terribly to feel that people you like and thought were your friends aren't actually friends. I'd suggest during a quiet time ask them. Say you heard that they are saying things and ask if it is so. If they say they don't want to be your friend any longer, then find new friends. Good luck, and hugs.

Answer by Bmat at 5:21 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• Sounds like you need to pick your friends wisely. And re-evaluate old friends.
    Sarasmoonflower

Answer by Sarasmoonflower at 5:23 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• I agree you do need to re-evaluate your friends. She shouldn't say anything if she doesn't want to hear you talk about how you feel. If she were a good friend she would listen at maybe give advice. It's hard to just forget about what those other 2 have said about you when you wonder why they would say things about you and not just talk to you. It's not easy to find good friends.
    Lizzie32390

Answer by Lizzie32390 at 6:18 PM on Nov. 12, 2008