What do you pack for your kids lunches everyday?

Just would like some different ideas, thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:14 AM on Jan. 13, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• PBJ, mac and cheese, rolled lunchmeat, apple sauce, watermelon, sun chips, gold fish, tortilla chips, cantelope, grapes. Sometimes leftovers if it any kind of noodles I can heat up and put in thermos.
    choco_mom

Answer by choco_mom at 4:00 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• pb and j with apple slices or a banana is a good idea
    dement

Answer by dement at 1:18 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• pb and j is a usual for us. Also, tuna sandwiches and cupcakes or muffins!
    mysevenkids

Answer by mysevenkids at 1:31 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• Their favorite sandwich or the lunchables. They sell carrot sticks and celery with peanut butter and apple slices I used to pick them up every Friday and take them out for lunch. That was my lunch date, with my kids.
    genevieve55

Answer by genevieve55 at 2:04 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• these are some of the things she gets that i alternate between....yogurt, pudding, rice krispy squares, fruit snacks, granola bar, chips, orange, banana, cucumbers w/ dip, some sort of sandwich (usually tuna or ham, her school is peanut free), and juice..
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 2:29 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• it depends, sometimes pb and crackers, or a ham and cheese sandwich..snacks are usually frozen go-gurts, chips, pears, banana, cheese slices..it sometimes depends on what we have in the house and what they want.
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 7:39 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• My son has the same thing (pretty much) everyday - pb&j, milk box, pretzels/goldfish/a few chips, Hershey's kiss. The other thing he has everyday that every kid I've given it to loves is cinnamon apples. I peel & cut 1/2 a Granny Smith apple into chunks & sprinkle w/ a little cinnamon-sugar (keeps the apple from getting brown). I used to put in whole fruit, but with loose teeth & limited lunch time, this works really well. At least I know he's eating some fruit at lunch time!
    sweetpotato418

Answer by sweetpotato418 at 9:51 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• We have several types of lunch boxes. A Bento box is great but you generally don't put things that need to be heated in them. I like Peanut Butter and honey sandwiches I cut into fun shapes (cars, hearts, whatever holiday cutter is appropriate). Granola and yogurt. Carrot chips and a small thing of organic Ranch dressing to dip them in.  Some days multi grain Cheerios and some milk in another container.  The usual: applesauce, apple slices cut of into apple sticks, gold fish.  I like to make a duck cut out and put it next to the gold fish like a duck in a pond.  On special days one chocolate kiss to unwrap.  He can reheat foods at his school so often pancakes with syrup or I put Spegetti O's in a container mixed with pureed carrots to give it some nutritional value.  I also tend to add butternut squash pureed to it.  Other days

frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 10:33 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• we have left over spaghetti and garlic toast to reheat. Home made left over pizza with carrots, spinach and butternut squash as part of the sauce. On lazy days crackers with peanut butter as the sandwich. Or on days we are running low. Banana slices mixed with lemon and lime juice to stay fresh and not turn brown. His school does not let kids eat a lot of junk. So fruit roll ups and the like are out. Sometimes just a bunch of finger foods. I take chicken nuggets or fish sticks in there to be reheated and with the chicken I add BB-Q sauce. There is so much we do. Your not limited really.

frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 10:38 AM on Jan. 13, 2011