is mtn dew bad to drink if ur preg????

its my fav drink

ambie1992

Asked by ambie1992 at 1:59 AM on Jan. 13, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I was one that didn't drink any caffiene during pregnancy, but all of my family always did and we all have had healthy babies. Here is a link I found that may be helpful: http://www.babycenter.com/caffeine-during-pregnancy I think as long as you don't drink too much you'd be fine.
    hrt_0928

Answer by hrt_0928 at 2:04 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• If it's diet or has caffeine then yeah. Otherwise it''s just a lot of sugar and carbonated water. I wouldn't drink a ton of it because you need to be giving the baby solid calories and you might put yourself at risk of gaining too much weight and gestational diabetes.

SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 2:05 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• yes it has too much caffiene some is ok but not the amount in mt dew
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 2:37 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• Not healthy.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 3:08 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• I didn't drink sodas or anything w/ caffeine! Too much sugar too!
    missladyluv

Answer by missladyluv at 3:14 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• Remember you should be drinking about 3 liters of pure WATER during your pregnancy.
    Wowifey

Answer by Wowifey at 3:42 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• Soda isn't healthy in general, pregnant or not, but so long as you don't go nuts with it you'll be fine and so will baby. Just keep in mind that it has a lot of sugar, caffeine, and soda can cause kidney stones. The doctors I talked to while pregnant all said the same thing: up to 5 cups of coffee worth of caffeine a day is ok, if you're used to drinking a lot of caffeine. I cut down to like one soda a day at most, then supplemented my caffeine addiction with teas and coffee. Everyone I know that has children drank some caffeine while pregnant, usually daily, and we've all had perfectly healthy babies. I know that's like the expression about everyone jumping off a bridge, but it's true. If you normally drink it, the caffeine withdrawls and the like can be rough on you and stress you out, which really isn't good, for you or baby. Just cut it down as low as possible (like 1 can or bottle a day) and you should be fine.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 4:39 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• Everything is fine in moderation. One soda a day isn't going to hurt anything.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 8:47 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• You can still drink it if you drink it in moderation as Mountain Dew is full of caffeine, sugar and 'empty' calories. You could switch to caffeine-free, but it would be a good idea to still limit how much you drink (due to sugar and calories).
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 9:47 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• I believe the limit for caffeine intake is around 100-150mg per day. Mt. Dew has about 54 mg per 12 oz can. Limit yourself to one soda and remember to take into account caffeine in other foods like chocolate and tea. You will be fine.
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 10:16 AM on Jan. 13, 2011