Do you think Palin's speech today helped or hurt her?

Do you think Palin's speech today helped or hurt her situation? I have seen some pretty bold statements from both sides of the media from her looking "very presidential" to "this is the end of her career". What is your opinion?

trippyhippy

Asked by trippyhippy at 2:06 AM on Jan. 13, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• I am not a Palin supporter. I read a lot of varying perspectives on her statement after watching it. I agree with whomever it was who saud by using the term blood libel, she is putting herself in victim status, and to me it's one more reason why she is not pres material. But that's my take. I read another commentary that she, but speaking before Obama, has been set as the ranking Repub - and to me, that's the end of her career. While tons love her, tons more do not. She is not the best the Repubs have to offer, and if she is, they all deserve to go down in flames.

It's not anything that is a game changer, IMPO. I think if this is some sort of thing to make her the top Repub - well, see ya. It make take a couple of years, but see ya.

JMPO. Nothing scientific there.
    LiliM

Answer by LiliM at 2:18 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• In my opinion she was only covering herself and playing the victim. It would have been more professional to focus on the victims and the recovery of Rep. Giffords. I wasn't surprised in the least that she did not represent her party well at all. Who ever runs as a Republican Candidate in 2012 would behove themselves to not put her on their ballot.

pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 2:28 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• im not a sarah palin fan.
    stressedoutgran

Answer by stressedoutgran at 3:48 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• I personally don't like or dislike her but I think she should just learn to shut up sometimes. She makes herself look really ignorant by saying things that are insensitive and foolish more often than not... she really should just be quiet... lol Its kind of like she doesn't prepare her speeches before giving them or better yet, she doesn't think at all before she speaks.
    CocoaQT

Answer by CocoaQT at 5:44 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• Apparently you did not watch the President last night tell you and Sweet to cut all this bull crap out.

Natesmom507

Answer by Natesmom507 at 7:18 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• I like you Natesmom507.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:55 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• yawn
    more toxic rhetoric from the left
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 7:57 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

•  

Apparently you did not watch the President last night tell you and Sweet to cut all this bull crap out.

Its the conservie Moms on CM that are being totally disgusting in their personal attacks, like you, not me. Apparently you took the OP as an insult. She didn't insult anyone, not YOU and not Palin...she asked a question.

To answer, the fact that she had to pull it almost 2 hours after postng shows she at least realized her tone was a mistake. I think if she keeps up the nastyiness, people will walk away....if she learns and sends a positive strong message....who knows

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 7:59 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• I didn't watch Palin. What 'situation' is she in that you are speaking of? I think eventually the dust will clear and all of the truly understanding people will see that there were many knee jerk reactions to this shooting that and that had it not been for the hype of the shooting being political from the very beginning (which I think we can all agree is looking more and more like it had absolutely nothing to do with anything reality based since the shooter has mental issues) that some of their decisions were made with assumption and bad information.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 8:02 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• I have not heard it. Is it worth a listen?
    zebbiebug

Answer by zebbiebug at 8:08 AM on Jan. 13, 2011