What's your perspective on this?

For about 2 weeks now I've heard everyday about the animals dying in various parts of the US. From Arkansas to New Orleans and New England, fish, crabs and birds. Apparently nobody can figure this out still. Just wondering what people really think.

hrt_0928

Asked by hrt_0928 at 2:16 AM on Jan. 13, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• Probably something to do with the atmosphere and/or enviroment in which the animals live. It's been a really cold winter so that may have something to do about it.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 2:24 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• For me it seems that all the damage we are doing to our planet is going to start to coming back to us. What looks weird to me is that has been happening only in countries that are more developed and only one incident in what you can call the 3rd world. Here we have genetically altered food , pesticides etc not counting the increase of hurricanes. Everything has a balance destroy that balance and you don't even know what are the consequences. Who knows maybe we are the next ones to drop dead. http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&oe=UTF8&msa=0&msid=201817256339889828327.0004991bca25af104a22b
    gou18

Answer by gou18 at 2:40 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• From what I've read about it from various news sources, it's not that uncommon, it just doesn't normally happen this close together with different species, so it caught people's attention this time. That's pretty much what I think about it. I'm sure that the odd weather patterns aren't helping matter, though. I've heard that the weather has been a lot colder or more turbulent than normal in many parts of the country this year.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 4:34 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• What Mrs. BAT said :) This type of thing happens, it just caught the media's attention this time.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 7:24 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• Whatever it is, I'm sure there's some rational explanation. And I'm sure we should take it as a reason to start treating the planet better. ;)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 8:19 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• Didn't you hear, it's the sign of The End Of Times.....rolls eyes..

Mother Earth isn't happy. We can't keep on treating her the way we have. Remember the gigantic oil spill? Do people think that isn't STILL effecting the water now?
    The weather is changing, our environment is aching...it only goes to say that the animals will suffer the consequences of it first.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 8:40 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• I heard one reason was fireworks sent them all funky(got scared). I heard another reason(for at least one set of birds)was overeating and bloat.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 9:47 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• The earth's magnetic poles are switching. This could cause problems with birds' migration patterns.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 10:22 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• We are slowly (quickly) killing the planet and like someone else said, the animals are going to be the first to suffer the consequences of our (humans) actions. I am not a "tree hugger" by any means, but I have enough common sense to know that unless we change how things are done, there will not be a future for our children's children.

Either that or the doomsday predictions are finally starting to come true ... *wink*
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 10:29 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• There's nothing "going on". It happens every day. It just happened to be a slow news day, so it got noticed for a change.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 10:54 AM on Jan. 13, 2011