depot shot.....

is it possible to get pregnant while on the depot shot? i have had alot of pregnant symptoms lately..*i have been on the shot for almost 9 months*
more tired...nauseas.....sensitive to smell.

meglynn0919

Asked by meglynn0919 at 2:19 AM on Jan. 13, 2011 in General Parenting

• it is very unlikely but I always had pregnancy symptoms as my side effects. Just take a test and if it's negative just remember the depo shot is pretty infamous for that.
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 2:24 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• There is no 100% surefire birth control other than abstinence. Any time you have sex it's a possibility.

SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 2:27 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• If you missed a shot well then its more likely that you are but if you didnt theres a big chance that your not pregnant its probably just side effects from it .
    alexia_09

Answer by alexia_09 at 3:13 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• Yes. I am seven months prego! I agree with Sweet nothing is 100% safe. Your best bet would be to call your doctor and schedule an appointment to see what's going on with your body.
    prissysayshi

Answer by prissysayshi at 3:26 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• Yep, agreeing with some of the ladies. Not 100% full proof. I know at least three ladies that were pregnant while on the Depo shot. From what I was told...they give you the same dose every time, so if you gain or lose weight, it starts to become the wrong dosage and can lead to issues...or pregnancy. I was on it for a few years...never got pregnant while on it....and it took me 2 years to get pregnant after getting off of it.
    Imortlmommy

Answer by Imortlmommy at 3:38 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• ummmmmm yes dumb ass, number one thing you should have been taught in health class is that "no protection is 100% fool-proof other than abstinence of course"!!!!
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 3:49 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• Somebody has to be that .0001% that gets pregnant on it!
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 6:22 AM on Jan. 13, 2011