are you where you expected to be at the age you are today?

what would your answer be and why?

alexis_06

Asked by alexis_06 at 2:45 AM on Jan. 13, 2011 in Just for Fun

• No...well at least not where I thought I would be when I was like a freshman in high school LOL. When I was still young (15/16) I thought by now (I'm 33) I would be a special education teacher, be married, have 2 adopted kids (boy and girl of course), live in a cute little country house. LOL. I am a SAHM of 3 kids, 2 boys and 1 girl, an Air Force wife (and proud of it!), living in base housing and HOPING to be able to afford to go back to school for my dream job once we move from here (not sure when that will be!). But I love my life as it is right now and I would not change a thing!
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 3:45 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• No, never thought I would be a widow at 59 but so blessed and walking out the grief.
    Librarylady60

Answer by Librarylady60 at 5:24 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• God has blessed us with so much I really can't complain. I am extremely fortunate to have a loving husband and healthy kids.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 2:50 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• No. but considering that the expectations were 6 ft under I m ok with that.
    gou18

Answer by gou18 at 2:53 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• Honestly the 21st century seemed so far away, I had no idea what to expect. I had no real great ambitions to be anything as a kid.

Until I was in the military, I didn't know what I wanted. But no I hadn't planned on being a civilian again, I had no plan B and never entered in my wildest dreams I'd ever not be a soldier right now and earning benefits and retirement pension one day. So no, I'm totally at a loss and did not prepare myself for the civilian world. My training and future had been dependent on the military life I'd planned for myself. Never occurred to me they'd refuse my reenlistment at the time. I didn't know they ever refused reenlistments, but apparently they do.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 5:23 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• Yes, and I cannot believe it because I went through a lot of crap to get where I'm at! I have one more goal to accomplish before I'm 30 (get my Masters) and I will be done with that next year!
    CocoaQT

Answer by CocoaQT at 5:40 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• No.
    Noosa

Answer by Noosa at 2:47 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• NO! I expected to already have my associates degree and be at a decent four year college now, with maybe a year left til my bachelors degree. I didn't expect to get pregnant 3 months after turning 18 and getting married, therefore forcing us to stay in this horrible town even longer, etc. I didn't even want kids at the time, and we were using birth control. I don't regret my daughter at all, and now I want more children later, I just didn't even want to consider having a child until I was at least 25 before I turned up pregnant. Nothing has gone "right," but I wouldn't change much, if anything. It's honestly probably a good thing that I got pregnant and had complications that caused me to have to drop out of college,because if I hadn't, I would be miserable right now or I would have dropped out from boredom and exasperation. I know myself a lot more now, which has helped me figure out what I want to do (for a career).
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 4:31 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• Far from it!!
    But you know what, I also didn't expect to have dh and my kids so I am fulfilled in a way I had not thought of.
    4xsthetrouble

Answer by 4xsthetrouble at 5:31 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• For the most part yes except I would like a bigger house(we're crammed) and higher household income but who doesn't?
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 2:49 AM on Jan. 13, 2011