Shooting pains in my sides ?

Ok ive been having these shooting pains in both of my sides when i get up all of a sudden and it really hurts to the point where i have to bare down sometimes if im walking or it happens when im laying down and i turn all of a sudden has anyone experience that early on in pregnancy i will be 5 weeks on friday i didnt experience this with my first child so im a bit curious .thanks.

alexia_09

Asked by alexia_09 at 3:18 AM on Jan. 13, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I would mention it to my dr. Call first thing in the morning but I think you're just having round laigament pain. Totally normal. It gets worse with each pregnancy. It's the uterus stretching. I felt nothing with my 1st baby but with the 2nd one I was cramping a lot. Then starting in the 2nd trimester I had Braxton-Hicks almost everyday. By the 3rd trimester I was having it everyday several times a day. I was so used to cramping that I waited til contractions were 1 min apart to go to the hospital, no joke. I was too afraid they would turn me away and say it was false labor! 3 cm on arrival whoo-hoo!
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 3:26 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• I think it's the ligament pain, I had it with my 1st and only pregnancy, pretty early on, in the 1st trimester, then it dulled down. I recommend yoga, when I did yoga from about 17-25weeks I was the most comfortable I had been my whole pregnancy
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 3:29 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• could be ligament pains.. but bring it up with your doctor. also make sure you are sleeping in a comfortable possition and turn your mattress. hope you feel better soon.
    yvonne37

Answer by yvonne37 at 4:28 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• i didnt. u shouldnt be feeling shooting pains like that this early in ur pregnancy.
    proudmamitobe

Answer by proudmamitobe at 6:48 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• Yes it is NORMAL, its most likely round ligament pain. This is my third pregnancy and i have had it off and on since i was about 6 weeks and im now 28 weeks. If your really concerened though let your dr. know but more then likely they will tell you to take tylenol and rest.
    stevynjjsmoma

Answer by stevynjjsmoma at 10:13 AM on Jan. 13, 2011