Losing weight and extra skin

Ok so i am trying to lose 50lbs but someone told me that if i do i will have a bunch of extra saggy skin (tummy) that can only be tightened by a tummy tuck....is that true or is there a way to lose weight and tighten my skin at the same time?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:29 AM on Jan. 13, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• That is true unfortunately.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 3:33 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• Depends on the exercise. If you lose it all at at once, then chances are a tuck might be needed, but otherwise, if you TONE as you lose the weight, the skin should tighten with the muscles.
    Imortlmommy

Answer by Imortlmommy at 3:35 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• :( So even if i lose all the weight i want to lose i am still gonna look terrible? That is really discouraging...will it look really gross I mean like even when i am wearing clothes i still wouldn't be able to say wear a tank top without a sweater because  it would still look like i was fat?

Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:37 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• if you TONE as you lose the weight, the skin should tighten with the muscles

you mean like crunches and stuff?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:38 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• Cross-fitness exercises...doing multiple exercises in different areas at the same time. It's not ALWAYS the case...so I don't know if it works on everyone, but if you're losing it gradually, you can tone...and it SHOULD tighten as you work out.

My experience, I only lost 30 so far and the skin isn't as bad since I'm doing it in strides. Another 20 to go for me. -Sigh-
    Imortlmommy

Answer by Imortlmommy at 3:44 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• I think she meant any kind of exercise also it depends how are you going to loose the weight because that happens with people that use the lap band they loose so fast that the skin looks like a deflated balloon but if you are going to lose it by doing exercise and eating right I don't think you would have that issue
    gou18

Answer by gou18 at 3:49 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• only if you loose the weight super fast will that happen. I mean like really fast.
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 3:59 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• Do alot of toning and tighting and cardio and crunches and planks and pushup planks.and the more you do the tighter the abs will be
    tinamarie1972

Answer by tinamarie1972 at 4:53 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• I have never lost large amounts of weight, so I have not personal experience.
    cleanaturalady

Answer by cleanaturalady at 9:12 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• Even if you have some extra skin you WILL look better, but more importantly, you'll be healthier, right? :)
    PhilsBabyMama

Answer by PhilsBabyMama at 9:45 AM on Jan. 13, 2011