Im at home with my sick grampy :(

Hes 74 years old what can i do to relieve him of flu symptoms hes throwing up and say hes got diarrhea ... i want him to feel better and i think i might give my son to my mother for a couple of days cuz i dont want him to get sick.. cuz im already sick with a cold.. :( he means the world to me ..i think its just in his head though because his 96 year old mother just got sent the hospital for the "flu" as soo we think so? what can i do to reduce my son and i getting this "bug" .. ? and also some home or store remedies to help with this stuff?

btw in u were wondering why am i at my grandpas house... well hes like my dad and ive lived here my whole life soo my husband is getting out the army and hes in i different state and he will be here at the end of the night then we will get our own place

Luckyme3487

Asked by Luckyme3487 at 3:36 AM on Jan. 13, 2011 in Health

• Lots of fluids if you can make lemonade with like real lemons and sugar that could help him with the stomach and flu symptoms also the old chicken soup works wonders. For me I take a theraflu and then put the warmest pjs I have and all the blankets in my bed I sweat like crazy but by the next day im ok I would not recommend this for the grandpa but seems that you need to recover sooner
    gou18

Answer by gou18 at 4:03 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• Have him eat what a child eats when they are throwing up.............plain crackers, jello, white toast, gingerale, bananas. Be really careful about getting it!! Wash your hands often and if you are using the same bathroom you might want to use a separate towel and disinfect the faucet handles, etc. gl
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:20 AM on Jan. 13, 2011