EBF moms AF question

So I EBF my 6 month old he just started solids now and then I started my fist period at 4 months PP had one at 5 months and now just light spotting barely anything can the breastfeeding be the cause for this and it is over a week late and no not pregnant I testes.

truealaskanmom

Asked by truealaskanmom at 3:46 AM on Jan. 13, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Your cycle can take time to adjust to back to normal. Mine didn't, but it's not out of the ordinary for it to take some time.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 8:59 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• I didn't get any sign of AF until my son was 10 months old. It was a couple days of very light spotting. This month it was more normal, but not my regular cycle, days wise. With my other two it took a couple of months to adjust and get back on schedule. You need to use birth control at all times until you are more regular and then you can go from there!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 10:04 AM on Jan. 13, 2011