TO ALL THOSE WHO SPANK THEIR CHILDREN!

I found an article on spanking. I haven't decided whether I will spank my son in the right situation or not, so you can't judge me. But this article pretty much sums up what I have been leaning toward. If you want to post a bitchy comment about this article- fine. I will report you. I, unlike some OTHER people, am not afraid of my views and I am fully proud of my parenting. So I do not remain anonymous in anything I say.

Again, if you post a bitchy comment or talk bad about me or an other poster, you will be reported. End of story. So watch what you say, because it may be the last thing you say on this site.

http://www.whattoexpect.com/toddler/behavior-and-discipline/discipline-that-works/about-spanking.aspx?xid=nl_YourDailyNewsletterfromWhattoExpect_20110113

CalebsMommy0220

Asked by CalebsMommy0220 at 3:57 AM on Jan. 13, 2011 in General Parenting

• I am for positive reinforcement completely BUT There are situations I feel need a good swat.
    If not spanking works for you - awesome!
    monshine2

Answer by monshine2 at 12:47 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• So what's your question? Just trying to stir something up? And you're going to report anyone who basically doesn't agree with you? Oh and yeah I went anon cause I know you said not to lol. You don't make any rules here sweetie!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:14 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• I understand you don't want people to bash one another. But you're going to report someone for being bitchy? What if the way they express themselves is bitchy? Good luck to you and your post, I don't exactly like the way you came out so boldly with your post, TELLING us not to be bitchy but you sound that way yourself. Anyway because of the way you came off with this post I am not interested in reading the article, if the purpose is to get people to read it maybe you should try a less DEMANDING approach!
    prissysayshi

Answer by prissysayshi at 4:19 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• you catch more flies with honey if you know what I mean
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 6:13 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• Geez.... I'm with the others and am not even going to attempt to read this article or comment on spanking. I will say that threatening your fellow Cafemoms is going to get you nowhere. Oh and good luck reporting those of us that didn't follow your rules. I guarantee you, this will not be the last question I answer on Cafemom as the CM team does not delete profiles for leaving bitchy comments in the Answer section.
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 6:47 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• I don't spank, haven't had a need to. But I'm confused, What's the question here? And sorry to break it but if you go around reporting people for their views, that doesn't show confidence in your views, you're just editing out opposing views. idk I just don't get the point of posting a non-question in the Q&A section and then basically threatening to report any one who may seem bitchy to you.

Anywho...article is a good article, I personally don't plan on spanking, it was a cool opinion article, good info for when my son is older.
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 4:14 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• I agree with wjat prissysayshi said. Couldn't care less about anything you have to say because you are obviously not to be respected coming on here and acting like you are. I could easily report your foul mouth. Think about that one wink

SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 4:24 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• I dont think anything will come from reporting someone who doesn't agree with your point of view (as long as they are being civil). They aren't going to remove someone from the website because they had an opinion.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:25 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• LOL wow I didn't know bit*** was a part of the body and scientific you say? LOL. Your post was meant to be about the article and no I do not care to read it because of your attitude.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 4:35 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• OP, We're all Anon anyways, just a screename and picture that doesn't tell you anything about them. Why do you care who it is other than to flame them in an email or in future threads? That way any flaming ends right here in this thread. For all ya know it could be someone on your friends list. There's nothing to "stand by" by using not going Anon.

So you know the screename and what pic they attached to it. So what? It just adds an extra layer of privacy. Some women on here like to carry things on and tell other people "Oh dont listen to SoNSo, they said this and that blahblah" and going Anon totally prevents that. The only reason I can see people getting upset is because it halts their ability to be a bully and know who exactly to flame and be mad at. Just mho.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 4:49 AM on Jan. 13, 2011