Troll haters

For those who hate trolls, like myself (though I usually just ignore them now because it's just not worth the time), which kind do you dislike more? The kind that are totally, without a doubt obviously trolls, or the kind who pretend to be all innocent and the like at first just so they can start drama? I dislike the latter more, I think. Sometimes I click on something that looks like it will be a legitimate question, and then BAM! Troll central halfway through the question details. (I put this in Just for Fun because CM isn't the only place online with trolls.)

Mrs.BAT

Asked by Mrs.BAT at 4:52 AM on Jan. 13, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I dislike the trolling, all of it. You wont see me yell or name-call or anything when they're doing it. I don't stoop to their level. Most of the time I ignore it but sometimes I post and tell them how insane their comments are and tell them how pathetic their miserable little lives are that they get a thrill out of coming online to stir up trouble with strangers. Most of them start out with all caps somewhere in their post, usually in the heading subject line and use an URL or something to click on that has a lot of junk about what they want to gripe about and there's no question from them in sight.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 5:06 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• I get annoyed with both kinds, but the second type really pixxes me off. I hate getting sucked in, only to find that they were waiting to pounce in with their drama.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 6:58 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• i have been called a troll
    1= when i asked a real question about my ex relationship,. it was very personal and not pretty (sexually) but real
    and now that i have left that situation, i can ask a JUST FOR FUN question - we all need some fun some times, and people bashed on the qestion=HELLO it is in just for fun section

so i guess i may be one of your 2nd kind of trolls, but if i post a fun question, it is just that, if someone does not want to answer a silly question, pass it by. why stop to bash my fun?? i do not know-need for more coffee or less? or maybe not in mood for silliness?

so i am stating i am the 2nd one of your choices,
    but also i think i can give some good advice at times too (maybe i am delusional on this thought-but i still give out my opinion (typos and all-lol)
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 8:35 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• I am tired of the one troll I have who follows me by going to my profile and seeing where I have been. She follows me everywhere I go. She then whines that I do it to her. I have noticed someone giving it back to her and it is hilarious.

I do hate seeing a very good question soured by people arguing back and forth with the troll. I see one poster not ruin her own questions in doing this, but she herself has ruined some very good questions arguing with the troll under someones question. I can't stand it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:59 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• Pax: I remember seeing a post about all that, vaguely. I don't think you fall into the second category, honestly. There's a difference in fun questions and silly stuff and the people who either post something that seems serious at first and then start going off about other people or whatever, or those who go to good questions and start bashing and starting drama.
    Mrs.BAT

Comment by Mrs.BAT (original poster) at 2:04 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• The ones who just can't let it go. Someone disagrees with them in one question or they get a bunch of down votes because they totally misunderstood the tone of a post and tried to make a smartass comment in the middle of a serious subject, and they spend the next 3 months following people around posting what they think they are cleverly disguising as innocent comments. It's really rather pathetic to watch. What's worse is they still don't get it, and they keep trolling in places where it's totally inappropriate. There were a few that were really obvious over the weekend trying to drag their little self-obsessed dramas into the questions about the shooting.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 8:45 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• I did not know you could follow a person question to question until my troll pointed it out.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:02 AM on Jan. 13, 2011