Why is it that some woman hate on a sista for dating outside of her race

So many african american woman are look down on when a caucasian woman see her with a cacasian man or a mexican man.i thought that we ditch the race card and racsim

tinamarie1972

Asked by tinamarie1972 at 5:16 AM on Jan. 13, 2011 in Relationships

• I don't look down on sistas, except my own but that's sister in the other sense lol. Seriously though I don't think anything of it to see mixed couples. I don't know that I have ever seen an african american woman with a caucasian man though. If I did though I would think that was just fine. As long as the couple loves each other and respects them. I don't know of any reason not to be together. One of my best friends is Mexican and her so and baby daddy is african american. She and I are very close, she was the first person I called after delivering my daughter.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 5:24 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• The same reason why many African American women "hate" on white women when they see them with black men. It goes both ways & racism is most definitely alive and in full effect. As far as the race card goes, one could claim that you are playing that so I'm not sure how to respond.
    CocoaQT

Answer by CocoaQT at 5:25 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• Somebody is always so quick to yell out that troll shit.... give it a rest already the shit is old and burnt out! It could be that she's bored or has a certain amount of questions to ask to reach the next level!

Anyway to answer your question it's because it's what they always heard to do. They hear so many other stories that they never stop to think how they personally feel about it. They just see it in the streets and remember what they've heard and end up implying it without even knowing that's what they're doing!
    prissysayshi

Answer by prissysayshi at 5:59 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• Racism is probably here to stay. In my opinion, it's a learned behavior. The only way to get rid of it is to unlearn it. You can have children of all nationalities playing in a sandbox and they would all play together without a care in the world until someone walked by and told one of them something "different" about the other. I'm black and my fiance is white. I've had women, white and black, give me that look like they could barf or something. I smile and keep walking because that is their issue, not mine and I'm not going to lose any sleep over it.
    virgo550

Answer by virgo550 at 7:09 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• I have a few friends that date outside their race. What's interesting to me is that the bad comments seem to come mostly from people of the woman's race, not so much the others. I don't know why this is, we're all the same color on the inside. :)
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 7:22 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• Yes I get every damn time they see me with my man and he is jewish & I'm Dominican I get bullshit even from strangers that are my nationality I get it more from the men from then women
    cnoble927

Answer by cnoble927 at 11:08 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• Personally I have noticed that it's not the women who mind so much. I travel alot so I am so used to seeing interracial couples and it doesn't bother me. And I teach my kids to look at the inside not the out. When it comes to black women dating outside their race I noticed that black men have bigger problems than anyone else. I have actually seen some get angry and make a comment. I married a black man but I have dated outside my race. In fact alot growing up. But I would never hate on anyone who found happiness in a mate. regardless of what color either are.
    True_Gator_77

Answer by True_Gator_77 at 11:36 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• I don't hate on anyone for who they choose to date race wise. You cant choose your preference. But i think it's interesting that when i was talking about this with co workers years ago, I actually got more shit for saying i wouldn't date outside my race. It's just my preference. I didn't say anything bad about any race but I guess some of my AA co workers took an offense when i said that I wouldn't date a black man, just not my cup of tea.
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 11:57 AM on Jan. 13, 2011