How far along were you when you let your family know you were expecting? Did you wait longer to tell friends?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:57 AM on Jun. 19, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I told everyone when I was around 10 weeks. I had a couple weeks of keeping it to myself.
    katimae

Answer by katimae at 10:02 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• We told our family at around 5 weeks because we are not very good at keeping secrets. We told everyone else after 10 weeks when the dr. could hear the heartbeat with the doppler. After that point, chance of miscarraige is much smaller.
    maxsmom327

Answer by maxsmom327 at 10:03 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• I'm not good at keeping secrets so I told my family right away. I told my friends soon after. I worked as a casemanager with the mentally ill when I was pregnant with my son, and I didn't tell any of my clients until I was starting to show - but I did tell my coworkers and other professionals I worked with as a safety measure.
    Mountainmom1994

Answer by Mountainmom1994 at 10:05 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• We told family the night we found out, and we told our friends a few days later. (It was New Year's Eve, and if I wasn't drinking everyone would have figured it out anyway! lol)
    StarrMom2Xander

Answer by StarrMom2Xander at 10:18 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• My fiance told his parents when I was about 4 months along and I told my sister, who told my mom, when I was about 4 1/2 months along.
    jazztastic

Answer by jazztastic at 10:22 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• I can't keep secrets. As soon as I find out everyone knows. I'm just so excited when it happens.
    WatchGirl29

Answer by WatchGirl29 at 11:20 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• Well my lil sister was preggo at the time so we didnt tell anyone until I was about 3 months along b/c I didnt want to steal her spot light... lol silly I know and my man didnt tell his partents until christmas morning I was a lil over 3 months then. But my best friend was the the 1st to know... she went to the Dr.s with me to find out
    AlexisMommie

Answer by AlexisMommie at 11:48 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• As soon as the pregnancy test said positive or a dr.s confirmation.
    jfreesNish

Answer by jfreesNish at 12:49 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• I told my best friends soon as a found out then I told my family at 9.5 weeks when the heartbeat was heard and doc said it was fine to tell then and told the rest of my friends at 11 weeks. My DF told his family until I was 11 weeks and plans on telling his friends when I am 12 weeks.

(I'm a little over 11 weeks now) yay!
    MamaShae2Mason

Answer by MamaShae2Mason at 1:16 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• As soon as I took the test, but then the doc's pee test said i wasn't so I waited to tell everyone I probably wasn't until I got the blood test and then the blood test confirmed it. I dont see why you shouldn't even if things dont work out, they are people who are there to help either way.
    Mrs.Wills

Answer by Mrs.Wills at 3:02 PM on Jun. 19, 2008