when should you call the doc?

My apartment was baited inside and sprayed outside for bugs.... i was concerned about the chemicals and if they could harm my baby, so i called the doctor and asked the advice nurse. She told me she had no idea how to answer my question, she seemed annoyed. i have only called the advice nurse twice, why was she so short with me, or maybe i am just to sensitive...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:19 PM on Nov. 12, 2008 in Pregnancy

• sounds like you are being alittle to sensative or maybe she was just really busy hard to tell i wouldnt worry about it. I had my apt bomb while prego and my baby is fine. as long as you stayed out of the house while it was goign on and didnt return for atleast a couple hours. open your windows for fresh air.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 5:21 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• I think I drove the nurses at my OB/GYN's nuts when I was pregnant because I called with every little thing. I always figured "better to be safe than sorry". They were always really nice to me when I called though. Maybe that nurse was just having a bad day. I wouldn't let someone being a little short with me stop me from calling my doctor's office when I was concerned.
    mrswright1170

Answer by mrswright1170 at 5:23 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• they didnt bomb my apartment, they spayed outside the front door, and inside they used this stiky goopy bait behind the toilets and under the sinks. it has no odor and they told me i could remain at home, but i just wanted the peice of mind from my ob.
    Anonymous

• Don't worry about it, she's either probably just a crab, or you caught her during an off day. You did the right thing.
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 5:44 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• Just in case you're still curious, I called the poison control center, and they said to keep pets, children and pregnant women away from pesticides and related chemicals for 2-4 hours. I had termite treatment and pest treatment. I am 18 weeks, followed the directions, and we're fine!
    babyruby02

Answer by babyruby02 at 11:44 AM on Nov. 13, 2008