T ball

My 4 yr old son wants to play tball any moms out there that have been a sport mom with a child that young?

logansmom6106

Asked by logansmom6106 at 5:47 AM on Jan. 13, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• yeah, we did soccer with our oldest when he was 4...he hated it so much...now he still hates it due to that experience...I wish I wouldn't have started him so young. oh well, there are other sports out there for him to enjoy later. there are a lot of parents that have wonderful experiences with early sports!
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 5:52 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• My son is begging to play I could care less if he plays anything till middle school. But Im thinking that it may be a learning exp for both of us.
    logansmom6106

Comment by logansmom6106 (original poster) at 5:59 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• My son played his 1st season of t ball when he was 3! be prepared for them to be really really bored because its alot of standing around and waiting for their turn to hit the ball. He liked soccer alot more because it was just a bunch of running around and kicking the ball. I am putting him in tball again this yr and he is 4
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 6:13 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• My kids played soccer and swam when they were that young. They love both and still play both. My DD played Tball and I will tell you it is really really boring because every player gets to bat. If you have a good coach they will rotate the kids so that aren't always standing in the outfield doing nothing.

I think if he really wants to play and they let them play at that age, maybe you should try it. One rule we have in our house is that if you start a sport you have to finish the season because your team needs you.

Good Luck!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 6:53 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• T ball is so much fun, and he is the perfect age to start. My son was in soccer at age 3 and gymnastics class too at that age. It is a great experience, he will love it!
    spottedpony

Answer by spottedpony at 11:51 AM on Jan. 13, 2011