What would you earn if you tidyed up and cleaned their house and looked after somebody else's children?

I'm serious. What is a maids/ nanny's salary? Just curious what a SAHMs should get for her multitasking.

BeachMom81

Asked by BeachMom81 at 6:40 AM on Jan. 13, 2011 in Money & Work

• I use to be a nanny quite a few years ago and I made about $250 a week, just taking care of a child, no cleaning house involved (except my own lol) as I did this at my home. Occasionally i would keep her overnight or on weekends or a few days at a time, as her mom would have to travel for work, and the pay would be more depending on that.
    Hickette71

Answer by Hickette71 at 2:24 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• Here's a link that helps calculate what your salary would be if you were an outside contractor :)

http://swz.salary.com/momsalarywizard/htmls/mswl_momcenter.html
    sweetpotato418

Answer by sweetpotato418 at 6:58 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• We have a full time housekeeper she works 40 hours a week and makes 600 a week. She cleans, cooks breakfast, fully preps dinner, runs errands, does laundry, mows, takes care of the plants, cleans the pool and hot tub. She waits with the kids at the bus stop in the morning. She is off work at 3 pm when I get home. Our home is large but she only deep cleans two days a week and does yard work two days a week. She spends one day doing our laundry and running errands. I like coming home from work and being able to spend time with my family so the 15 an hour we pay her is worth it.  So to me a fair pay for a SAHM with kids in school is 600 a week not 120k a year.lol  

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:47 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• $400 per week?
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 7:10 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 9:39 AM on Jan. 13, 2011