If you were elected president, what would be your first "order of business?"

virgo550

Asked by virgo550 at 6:55 AM on Jan. 13, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• I'd review every single dollar being expended in government programs. It would take years, but the system needs to be audited!
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 6:56 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• What Scuba said. First thing to go would be the unemployment benefits for the ppl who in all honesty do not want to work. This one bothers me more than anything. I'd also shake up healthcare big time. No more c-sections that aren't life and death and a hosital and dr would be audited yearly to make sure there c-secs weren't sky high. That too is also a sore subject with me.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 7:04 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• this is going to turn into a debate in no time! hold on to your hat OP :)

i would strengthen our borders, sorry no more illegal immigrants. re-evaluate our spending system. come up with a whole new healthcare plan. stay out of the civil disputes of other countries...
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 7:07 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• My FIRST order of business would be to pull all of our troops from overseas and bring them back home.
    soon2bmmy

Answer by soon2bmmy at 7:18 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• Move to Canada.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:53 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• It would have to be to go over and through every committee, commission and czar and start sending out pink slips. Most of what was put in in the past 2 yrs is redundant and wastefull
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 8:43 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• My first order would be to slash all salaries and benefits of Washington fat cat politicians by 3/4s and put that extra money into education and law enforcement. Unfortunately, that could never happen because the president really doesn't have that kind of power.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 9:16 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• I wouldn't run for President would run for Congress can do more change there as an actual lawmaker than the President can do.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:28 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• My first order of business would be to throw out all of this Obamacare nonsense, strengthen our borders, start sending illegals home, and cut unnecessary expenditures to help level out the budget before we become the United States of China.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 9:29 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• some great answers before me!
    throw out Obamacare
    strengthen our borders, no more illegals
    love the pink slip idea, and cutting some paychecks for politicians
    definately review the budget and spending
    work on jobs for american citizens!

and a few things i'd like to see:
    rehaul the welfare system
    rehaul the baking system (too many damn forclosures)
    see to it that more health issues are covered in some way (kids with special needs, infertility)
    boobarandbell

Answer by boobarandbell at 10:09 AM on Jan. 13, 2011