Are you tired?

Of hearing your DS or DD say mommy or daddy all the time? (This is for the ones who just started saying it like maybe a month or two ago) I get it all the time if I am with friends or on the phone and DD is yelling mommy mommy mommy I still smile ear to ear hearing it BUT they say ugh does it not get annoying hearing her say it 24/7.. It in the least bit does not annoy me! I am just so happy God blessed me with her! I mean am I weird?or something? LOL

jdbrown21

Asked by jdbrown21 at 7:00 AM on Jan. 13, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I loved it.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 7:01 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• Nope I don't think you are weird. I loved hearing mommy all the time and even now I sometimes love hearing it. I think that people get bothered by as their kids get older because when they are 13 and want something they wait until you are sitting and comfortable and then say Mom can I have a drink. Like moms are suppose to jump up and get them what they want. Funny because I know it is my own fault because I am a SAHM and used to get them everything. NOw that they are older I am trying to correct this by saying Sure you can have a drink, you just need to get it yourself.

Also, this past summer when DD was in a coma for 11 days, I think hearing mom was the best thing I could have heard.

Enjoy it because it is a wonderful thing to hear.
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 7:12 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• I melt whenever I hear it. 2 yr old dd calls me Mommy and 6 yr old ds calls me Mama. What's hilarious though is what dd calls dh here lately. See I don't call dh by his first name, I always call him "Honey". So dd now calls dh "Honey". It's the cutest thing ever. Yesterday I was trying to get dd's attention and she held up a finger and said"Wait. I'm talking to Honey." and intenly looked up to dh's face while sitting on his lap lol.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 7:32 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• ^^sweet love of mine that story is just too cute! lol
    JaydnsMom22

Answer by JaydnsMom22 at 10:36 AM on Jan. 13, 2011