is 95-96 normal temp??

my body temp is usally 99 and today i dont feel so great bad cough, chills, body feels really weak, headache coming on..i was fine last night.. i also had merina taken out 2 days ago so i dont know if that could cause this. thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:00 AM on Jan. 13, 2011 in Health

• that does seem a little low. i usually run in the 97's so anything about 98.6 and i feel like i have a fever. if you usually run that low, it would be normal for you. but since you say you usually run high, it seems out of the norm for you. wouldnt hurt to give the doc a call and find out whats going on.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 7:02 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• **above
    tnm786

• 98.6 is "normal," but it can be lower when you first wake up or have been laying down for awhile. Everyone in our family has had some version of a head/chest cold for the last week, I think it's going around. Hope you feel better soon!
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 7:02 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• my temp is always 96.6.....
    LuvMyMedic3ID

Answer by LuvMyMedic3ID at 8:01 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• Normal is 98.6. Some people, when they are sick, actually have a lower body temp rather than an elevated one. I've heard that a lower body temp is more cause for concern than a higher one. Don't know if that's true or not, but it might be worth a phone call to your doctor just to give yourself some peace of mind.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 8:18 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• Make sure the thermometer is a chance to warm up. Even electronic ones.
    MKSers

Answer by MKSers at 11:08 AM on Jan. 13, 2011