Lunch meals for daycare

I am sending my lil soon to be 1yr old guy to daycare school next week and i have to pack him lunch now being a first time mom i got no clue lol but id love advice on what types of lunches to send now he is only going to be a yr and he has about 6teeth he can chew like soft things hard stuff if broken up but not like hard veggies and things not ready for that yet but i wanna send him something other then baby food jars i think he has out grown baby food lol but love advice ty

joannabenjamin2

Asked by joannabenjamin2 at 7:11 AM on Jan. 13, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• gerber lunches for toddlers, soft finger foods, gummy snacks, apple sauce, fruit cups that can be cut up. veggies (frozen) that they can warm up.
    miraclemom914

Answer by miraclemom914 at 7:46 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• Would he eat a cheese sandwich on whole wheat bread? Cut into bite size pieces.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 7:12 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• unsure but ill try doing that today and then if he does i can send him that
    joannabenjamin2

Comment by joannabenjamin2 (original poster) at 7:14 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• T=siomethign healthy not too hard for him to chew, there are allot of things you can do for lunches
    Marie_07

Answer by Marie_07 at 7:53 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• I would def look into the gerber meals....or those lunchables that are smaller. they have bite size pieces and tiny crackers...my 2 yr old loves them. You want it to be as easy as possible in the morning!
    LuvMyMedic3ID

Answer by LuvMyMedic3ID at 8:13 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• steamed veggies with ranch dip, cheese, whole wheat crackers, boiled egg, fruit, yogurt w/ granola bits, ravioli w/o sauce, (assuming they will be heating it for him) left overs... I pack my DD lunch 2 days a week for the baby sitter and 9 times out of 10 it is just left overs.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:26 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• All little ones love cheese and crackers, bananas, and other soft foods. Send whatever you feed him at home and it will make him more comfortable in a strange environment.
    Robbiesmommy83

Answer by Robbiesmommy83 at 12:44 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• Thanks for all the good ideas will try them
    joannabenjamin2

Comment by joannabenjamin2 (original poster) at 12:56 PM on Jan. 22, 2011