Who watched the memorial service?

Was it really more like a fundraiser? Pep rally? I have been reading comments from those who watched and they say there was alot of hooping and hollaring.Seems inappropriate for a memorial service?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:26 AM on Jan. 13, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• If you are talking about the President last night then there was hooping and hollaring in support of the people who died. I thought that it was good and each person who passed away was remembered in a wonderful way. people where clapping and cheering when good things where said about the people who passed. I think it was more about the celebration of who these peopel where.

So I guess in some respects people might not like this because instead of being sad with everyone crying people where happy and cheering. For me, I thought it was nice how they talked about each person and who they were and what they had done in their lives. They also talked about the heros of the day that rushed to peoples sides and got the gun and ammo away from the gun man.
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 7:32 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• There was a lot of hollering and shouting by the young collage students who thought they was at a pep rally. It was very unapropeate and threw the President off for a little bit, but he recovered and gave a fine speech. I hope some not so sweet people on CM were watching when he said that they need to quit with all their hateful blaming others for the nut-job who shot these people. Hr said it was time to move on and quit with the blame game.

Natesmom507

Answer by Natesmom507 at 7:48 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• Should be inappropriate and He said.

Natesmom507

Answer by Natesmom507 at 7:54 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• The victims families were giving standing ovasions

They were loving the support of their community and the nation

It was great and they were moved to tears....

John McCain was there , standing and clapping himself...so no, I don't think it was a pep rally

Their communinty needed it

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 8:02 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

•  

There was a lot of hollering and shouting by the young collage students who thought they was at a pep rally. It was very unapropeate and threw the President off for a little bit, but he recovered and gave a fine speech. I hope some not so sweet people on CM were watching when he said that they need to quit with all their hateful blaming others for the nut-job who shot these people. Hr said it was time to move on and quit with the blame game.

Apparently, you didn't get the message

sweet-a-kins

• I only saw the after highlights. Even the media was saying it was more of a pep rally than a memorial service. But all in all that was not really a bad thing. There was only 1 tiny "political" remark and the parts I saw were well received. I don't think there will be lasting good will towards others though as some are hoping. Even before the highlights were over I noticed CNN had 6 people on comparing Palins speech to Obamas and they were being none too nice.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 8:39 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• That's right Natesmom, just like the liberal hero MARK HALPERIN is saying, the right is still to blame because we did not just turn the other cheek!!!

Liberal progressives like conservatives a lot better when we know our place.
    goodwitch399

Answer by goodwitch399 at 8:42 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• did not watch, it was on but i was playing with my toddler, so i got and mood (not the words)
    that being said..
    i thought i seemed NOT like a memorail service... all the clapping? seemed more like a pep rally, seemed political, a lift the country up speech maybe
    thought maybe someone before it started should have told crowd that clapping and hollering was not the place

again, did not hear it, it was on, but my immpression (what i could get out of it while playing loud toddler games)
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 8:51 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• Apparently, you didn't get the message

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kin

You and your few minions are the only ones playing the blame game and you seem to be obsessing on it.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 8:52 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• I didn't watch the memorial service; I saw several comments on FB and decided I didn't want to watch.
    tinamatt

Answer by tinamatt at 9:09 AM on Jan. 13, 2011