ok maybe stupid but please answer

Im 16wks and 4days prego with baby number 2. Its been 7yrs since my son was born so i have forgotten things.
Anyway today i was laying on the couch watching tv when i could feel this funny bubbly feeling in my belly...and no i know it wasnt gas it didnt feel that way.
Could that have been me feeling the baby for the first time? Or is it to early? with my son i didnt notice anything till around 21wks but i had to work while pregnant with him and probably felt it sooner and didnt relize it.

Mommy2B04

Asked by Mommy2B04 at 5:23 PM on Nov. 12, 2008 in Pregnancy

• yes. very possible that it was baby.

with each of my pregnancies, I felt the baby sooner.
    Anonymous

• 16 sounds about right.
    SashaJ

Answer by SashaJ at 5:26 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• I felt my son move for the first time around 16 weeks so yes I definitely think you felt your baby for the first time! Congratulations! Enjoy.
    Brittany1286

Answer by Brittany1286 at 5:26 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• It was baby. No doubt about it.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 5:26 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• I read that after your first pregnancy you usually feel the movements sooner than with your first. That's because you have felt the feeling before so your able to distinguish it easier between the gas and fetal movements. Not a dumb question at all and the only reason I know this is because I read alot. Especially the What To Expect When Expecting.
    Lizzie32390

Answer by Lizzie32390 at 5:27 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• maby...... i felt all 4 of mine 4-5 weeks before the doc said i should
    twinklstar

Answer by twinklstar at 5:27 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• Congrats by the way
    Lizzie32390

Answer by Lizzie32390 at 5:28 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• Most women seem to feel it earlier in their second (or later) pregnancies, so it very well could be your baby!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 5:43 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• i'm pregnant with my first and felt him moving at 15 weeks! and i've also heard that you will most likely feel it move sooner if it's not your first. congratulations! it's such a fun feeling when they're that little!
    archiemama

Answer by archiemama at 6:06 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• Yeup that's your baby when I felt mine for the first time I thought I had gas as well but it was a little different...... my baby book says that your suppost to start feeling the baby by this time. :)
    JaredsLady

Answer by JaredsLady at 2:38 PM on Nov. 13, 2008