How do I succeed with my home business with no budget?

I have been doing this for quite a while and I have gotten some business. What can I do to drive more people to my business. I don't have any money at all to do any paid advertising. Any advice would be greatly appreciated and please no downing the home businesses because they do make you money!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:28 PM on Nov. 12, 2008 in Money & Work

• I use free networking sites -- myspace, facebook. I remember one thing that very clearly stood out in my mind from my upline "How many people can you get in front of?". It's not about advertising. Depending on who your market is, can you go to local business networking meetings? Any sort of gathering is potential networking -- you never know where that business card might end up :)
    KnoxvilleDoula

Answer by KnoxvilleDoula at 5:34 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• Try free classifieds, networking sites like raisingthem, cafemom, Also depending on what business you have think about "tagging" outside the grocery store...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 6:05 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• Fundraisers are good too.

• If this wasn't anonymous that would be a start. Let people know what the business is. If you have a web site post a link. Post a link and an advertisement on your homepage. (then you can say funny stuff all the time and your page will get a lot of hits - thus a lot of advertisement) There is also a work at home moms group on here. Most of all, provide exceptional customer service. Word of mouth, good and bad, can spread the word about your business very fast.
    FlyMom07

Answer by FlyMom07 at 6:07 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• To give you an honest answer, I'd need to know the business you are in?
    Works4Mom.com

Answer by Works4Mom.com at 7:50 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• I use all the free websites for my advertising
    nanaevelyn

Answer by nanaevelyn at 8:58 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• I too have a home based business, and although I post here on cafemom (I want all moms to be home and make money), my target market is really others who have been and/or are in network marketing. It is very important to define your target market and focus on reaching out to them. Network marketing is really a sorting business. You have to sort thur the junk to get the good stuff. Sort thru the rocks to get your golden nuggets. Once you have defined your target market, there are many things you can do to reach them. It will really help to know what business you are in so we can help you with what we know. Please email me your business. thanks
    BusinessMom123

Answer by BusinessMom123 at 9:21 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• hopefully you are not a scam type business. You know, the one you pay for information and get nothing but information on how to get paid to tell people how to get their own business--scamming others. Here are a few articles on business advertising for free or cheap

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/789571/free_or_almost_free_ways_to_promote.html?cat=35

http://www.bizcovering.com/Marketing-and-Advertising/Free-Advertising-Ideas-for-the-Shoestring-Budget.72496

romanceparty4u

Answer by romanceparty4u at 10:12 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• Alot of great answers and I totally agree with FREE advertising!! You do not need money to advertise your business, just your time!!
    MomsGoneGreen

Answer by MomsGoneGreen at 5:59 AM on Nov. 13, 2008

• Business Cards! You can always try Vista Print.com, and you only pay the shipping, Or just buy your own from Wal-Mart and print them yourself and take them with you everywhere! Leave them at stores, bathroom stalls, etc.
    nkkk07

Answer by nkkk07 at 10:24 AM on Nov. 13, 2008