Conservatives should have turned the other cheek?

MARK HALPERIN: I just want to single out one thing. I don't want to over-generalize but I think the media and the politicians have behaved pretty well so far. The thing I'm most concerned about now is the anger on the right-wing commenatariat: on Fox, and George Will, and other conservatives are, in some cases justifiably upset at liberals. But they're turning this right now, in the last 24 hours, back into the standard operating procedure of all of this is war and fodder for content, rather than trying to bring the country together.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oeuznWTFxXQ

Seems liberal progressives like conservatives a lot better when we know our place.

Thoughts?

goodwitch399

Asked by goodwitch399 at 8:20 AM on Jan. 13, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• Grly, you're right, they have not behaved well. But, you cannot say that faux news has been completely honest. So, why even argue about it? Neither side is perfect, get over yourselves... LOL

I can see why the right is upset. Our side has accused them of causing the shooting. They didn't cause it the crazy kid who did the shooting is the only one responsible. From accounts I have read he didn't care much for TV and he has been obsessed with Giffords for three years. The left could have sat back waited for all the information instead they started the blame game. The right was upset as they should be because the only thing people will remember 2 years from now are the initial reports the left knows this. I personally will apologize for what my side of the aisle has said and done to the right. It was wrong and I won't try to justify it like others have done. I am sorry wished others would do the same.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:21 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• Funny how someone can be the spawn of satan until he suddenly says something the people who hate him agree with and then he's the word of god.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 9:10 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• CNN, MSNBC, NBC, Newsweek, New York Times, Clyburn, etc have NOT behaved well at all. They are as disgusting and sick as some of the liberals have been on cafemom.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 9:03 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• Seems liberal progressives like conservatives a lot better when we know our place.

This^ sums it up
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 8:27 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• So the problem isn't Liberals making unfair accusations and jumping to conclusions in a gleeful attempt to smear and discredit Conservatives. The problem is Conservatives having the audacity to stand up for themselves. Got it.
    SuperChicken

Answer by SuperChicken at 8:49 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• Yeah Roger turns the other cheek and what happens? Sweet says ..seeeeeeee GUILTY AS CHARGED! lol gimmie a break
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 9:10 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• And would our place be in exposing liberal/progressives for what they really are?
    _______________________
    What am I, really? lol
    Mother, worker, business owner, loving wife, contributor to society, good neighbor, who happens to believe the Gov works for us, that WE are the government, and that our country should work together to improve the lives of all the people that live here. Is that what you meant? FYI, if someone disagrees with you philosophically that does not make them evil. It means they see things differently, and that's it.
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 10:23 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• CNN, MSNBC, NBC, Newsweek, New York Times, Clyburn, etc have NOT behaved well at all
    Answer by grlygrlz2

NONE of them, including Fox, have behaved well. Everyone, EVERYONE, is acting like spoiled children and it needs to stop.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 9:10 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• One fox news vs. CNN, MSNBC NBC , Hillary clinton, newsweek, New York Times, Clyburn, Grayson, etc.( I can name more if you want)... Who are STILL engaged in a sick attempt to connect the right to the shootings?
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 9:20 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• Gee, only liberals were bad? not so much

Did fox try and link the killer to the left? Is fox still trying to find an association to politics and the killer? Nope. But ALL those I mentioned ( and more EVEN politicians) have tried to link the shootings to the right... Then add to it, sick people here on CM who post pics of Sarah holding a gun in questions asked about the shooting. Disgusting.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 11:17 AM on Jan. 13, 2011