I have a 15 month old little girl. She and I have a greaat time together, now that's not to say we do not have difficult days too. Everytime my husband comes home I become chopped liver. When she got sick, she only wanted her Dad. I feel rejected and that I'm a horrible Mom. Any feedback is welcome!

lilbrem09

Asked by lilbrem09 at 8:25 AM on Jan. 13, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• She's 15 months old...she can't really think about *your* feelings at this point. If here dad has been gone all day at work or whatever, I'm sure she's just happy to see him. As long as you and your daughter are properly bonded, you shouldn't be concerned about the fact that she gets very involved with her daddy sometimes too. In fact, you really should be happy about it...after all, it's sort of about HER at this point, KWIM?
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 8:28 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• There is no reason to feel this way, I am sure your little girl loves you, but you are probably the one that disciplines her, and daddy is just the one that gets home after all that, hugs to you mom!

Answer by older at 8:28 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• Don't feel bad, my DD spent all her time with me during the day so when my DH got home she wanted nothing to do with me. Some days he couldn't even get his coat off and she was at his feet wanting to be picked up. She never let me put her to bed she always wanted her daddy. She is 9 years old now and even though her and I still butt heads at times we have a great relationship and I am the one that puts her to bed now. Actually DH and I take turns. Not only that but kids go through phases where they want one parent over the other and it has nothing to do with the parents, just with what the kids need.

She loves you and gets to spend lots of time with you so when she sees her daddy she needs daddy time, Try not to let it bother you.

Good Luck!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 8:35 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• Aww, don't worry. It's a thing with little girls. She will come around. You just have to laugh and go with it. Gives you a chance to enjoy her during the day and get some things done in the evening without her hanging on your arm. It also gives her time to be with her daddy which she needs too. She doesn't hate you and she will not be daddy clingy forever. As with most things with kids, this too shall pass
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 8:35 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• two words...daddy'sgirl! Many girls are my middle daughter was like this. he has also been gone all day and she wants to see him! She loves you too but she is 15mos old!
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 8:37 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• This is natural. You are not a horrible mom. As you say, you're with her the most so this is her way of reaching out to her daddy. It's good to have both of you involved in her life. You would probably feel bad, and so would your SO, if she rejected being with him and clung to you all the time. In the long run, it's good for both of you to share the attention. Mommies tend to be the primary caregivers, as well as the disciplinarians. Daddies are usually the source of fun and security. As I said, these feelings are natural for you; it will get better with time and one day you'll see how much you welcome daddy's input.
    rosiemendo

Answer by rosiemendo at 8:37 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• It's actually nice for your husband since he doesn't have that much time with her that she wants him when he gets home. Some children have a hard time bonding with their dad if he's not around as much. I'm sure your daughter adores you and she probably feels so secure with you that she can be "mean" and know that you will still be there for her and still love her.
    I hope that helps you not feel so bad about this... plus children go through phases, you just have to keep dealing with each phase, that's parenting!
    AK6

Answer by AK6 at 8:39 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• daddys girl this week
    mommys girl next

at this age, she will go back and forth
    enjoy it!! use time for yourself
    soon she will be a mommys girl again and you will have less time to yourself

next time she runs for daddy- you run and take a long hot bath!
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 8:46 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• Take advantage of it and relax with a cup of tea or take a nice bath. Trust me she needs you more than anyone else!!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 9:18 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• It is okay, and normal. And a phase, they do this and they will go back and forth. In a year or two it might be the other way around. Some dads don't have that relationship, so it is something to value! I agree use it to give yourself a little break and be so happy she is attached to both of you!
    spottedpony

Answer by spottedpony at 11:36 AM on Jan. 13, 2011