What do you do about a mother-in -law who tells you that you are the worst mother in the world and that you don't love your kids?

Remember this is coming from someone who had never had kids because she can't

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:17 PM on Jul. 7, 2008 in About CafeMom

• Hold on then. Is your husband adopted?
    manna1qd

Answer by manna1qd at 12:18 PM on Jul. 7, 2008

• 1st - if she's a MOTHER-IN-LAW that means she is a Mother! Is she a step mother to your hubby? Not his birth mother?

2nd - Don't worry about what someone else says! You know the facts, she don't. ;)
    Anonymous

• I would like the answer to this. You confused the hell out of me!
    Anonymous

• Dont worry about what she says you know who you are & you know your a great mom =D Shes just jealous!
    Anonymous

• a MIL that never had kids??? How does that happen???
    SAHMinIL

Answer by SAHMinIL at 12:21 PM on Jul. 7, 2008

• Tell her to mind her own business.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 12:23 PM on Jul. 7, 2008

• Mother In Law never had children, then how is she a mother in law? Answers please?
    Anonymous

• Have same mother-in-law are we related? When we moved back after being in Army for 12 years. His family talked him into leaving. I let his family see the kids at brother-in-laws house where he was staying. I took them and read a book in the car. Now there grown her opinon hasn't changed and I don't go to functions. There loss
    Cynd(motherbug415@yahoo.com
    beedlemom

Answer by beedlemom at 12:27 PM on Jul. 7, 2008

• First of all, I would start be thanking her for her concern. That you understand she only wants what she "believes" is best for her grandchildren and that you will discuss her concerns with your husband.
    This answer hopefully will make her think you might actually care what she thinks, while at the the same time committing to nothing and basically blowing her off. It also lets her know that you will be talking to you husband who will hopefully be willing to stand up to her and put her place. (As MIL not the mother of your children). Good luck!
    2ndfiddle

Answer by 2ndfiddle at 12:30 PM on Jul. 7, 2008

• I avoid toxic people, family or not.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 12:51 PM on Jul. 7, 2008