Posted a question earlier but now there is something new:

I posted a question about :Last night and today everytime I stand up i get this horrible sharp pain that shoots through my clitoris and vagina. Well now I think she is kicking my ribs... i also just peed on myself.... Could she be dropping at 30wks??? this is my first and i am clueless!!! I called the doc on call but he won't return my phone call til after 5.
Thanks,
Shawna

Babyclark08

Asked by Babyclark08 at 5:35 PM on Nov. 12, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Could she be breech? Have you had an ultrasound lately?
    SashaJ

Answer by SashaJ at 5:36 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• I haven't had an u/s since Oct 2nd
    Babyclark08

Answer by Babyclark08 at 5:37 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• It is possible to drop whenever mine didn't until labor for some people it happens weeks before delivery. This was a question I asked my doctor because I was scared she was never going to drop. It all depends on when the baby is ready.
    Lizzie32390

Answer by Lizzie32390 at 5:37 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• It could be that she is dropping, it could be feet, it could be you need a chiropractic adjustment, ..

If it is breech don't worry, at 30 weeks you still have lots of time for her to turn, but that would explain the sensation. I had one that was and I had those same sensations...that is why I brought it up.
    SashaJ

Answer by SashaJ at 5:40 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• My doctor told me that sharp shooting pains are pretty normal in the third trimester. Your pelvis is preparing itself for birth, and with that preparation can come all sorts of weird pains in your lower half. I personally have had HORRIBLE pelvic pains ever since 30 weeks. I think it's definitely possible for your baby to drop that early, but not be ready for delivery for many more weeks. My daughter likes to move all around, sometimes she'll be up near my ribs and sometimes she'll be bouncing on my bladder.

But yeah...my doctor said it's normal, unfortunately : /
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 5:41 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• She could be dropping already, that's not completely unheard of this early.

Are you sure it was pee?
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 5:42 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• Yes it was pee i do believe. It wasn't enough to be anything else
    Babyclark08

Answer by Babyclark08 at 5:43 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• Its caused by stretching and repositioning of tendons, ligaments and muscles. ....
    Your innards have to rearrange themselves to make room for the baby and sometimes this can cause abrupt pain....down in the V area,

Beleive me lol
    I am 32 weeks, ...Im there
    LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 5:50 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• I've found that an ice pack helps when it's really really bad. It feels sooo nice and cool LOL!
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 5:53 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• Thank you ladies!!!
    Babyclark08

Answer by Babyclark08 at 5:59 PM on Nov. 12, 2008