maybe better apart?

I feel like i'm always fighting to stay ahead yes we can blame it on the money problems everyone is facing now day but do you ever wonder would you be better living back at home and seperated from your other half because you feel like you can't make it together. We always come up short every month, people keep saying we need to budget but there is nothing to budget. We are very basic we shop the 99cent store to make things last for us. I cry because we can't go out with friends or if we do i feel even worse casue they pay for us to go. I can't get anyone anything for christmas i'm scrapping together to get stuff for the baby even if it's second hand atleast I tried, but at the end of it all when i sit at home i wonder did I cause all this for our family???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:35 PM on Nov. 12, 2008 in Relationships

• Anon, it's easy to get discouraged with money problems. I think it's one of life's ultimate test. That's great if you are budgeting right now. What about furthering your SO and your career? Maybe it's time to take on a second job, or look into another career option. What about job training? The grant and loan money is out there!

The sacrifices are hard in the beginning, but soon you'll learn to spend more nights in rather than going out. And you be surprised how many people who are in a higher tax bracket shop at 99 cent stores and thrift stores!!
    redmoonintexas

Answer by redmoonintexas at 5:45 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• It's not your fault. Life is really tough right now. It's even hard for 2 income households to even make it through. Everything has sky rocketed. I'm surprised gas is so cheap right now but I'm sure it won't last long. Today it seems you pretty much have to live with other family member's with income, just to survive. Do not blame yourself it's not your fault that the economy is falling apart.
    Lizzie32390

Answer by Lizzie32390 at 5:46 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• How about instead of just you moving back home, you both move in at home for say 3 to 6 months. Bank all the rent money. The baby will get older. Set up a new household and get yourself a part time job on saturdays and or one night a week.
    Anonymous

• we've lived with my mom when i was pregnant till the baby was 3 months old then moved because they don't get along he wont move back in with my mom after that the first time around was a nightmare for me
    Anonymous