I need to know how the Enfamil Night time Formula is....my baby 4 month old eats every two hours or so and we are exhausted!!!

schadtzen

Asked by schadtzen at 9:37 AM on Jan. 13, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I dont know about Enfamil ive always used Similac but when my daughter was born the formula wasnt sustaining her how it shouldve so the dr told me to add cereal to the bottles and that really worked for me .
    MsBrazil86

Answer by MsBrazil86 at 9:39 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• Have you tried increasing the ounces per feeding? If you feed 6-oz at a feeding try 8-oz at the next feeding and see if that helps.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:40 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• Unless your baby has reflux and your doctor tells you to you really shouldn't put cereal in your babys bottle. I agree with Anon try uping the ozs.

I would discuss with Dr before giving to baby if it was me.
    Charis76

Answer by Charis76 at 10:07 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• Babies are meant to wake frequently... it's just what they do and how they are programmed. Unfortunately, we weren't made to have to get up and make food for them, we were designed to be able to feed them in bed so that everyone got what they needed. So, I know it hard what you're doing.... have you thought of relactating? Even just for at nighttime to make things easier for you?

The nighttime formula has rice starch in it... it's like adding cereal (which is *known* not to actually work). There's really no easy answer, no magic tool to make them sleep... they sleep when they are ready to.
    LeanneC

Answer by LeanneC at 11:05 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• The night time formula is the same thing as the Enfamil AR... it has added rice starch. It WON'T help you baby sleep at night.
    Try a larger bottle just before bed... and just know sometimes babies wake a lot!
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 11:59 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• i feed him until he wont take any more it hasnt worked and i feed him rice cereal about the consistency of baby food....twice a day...ive come to the conclusion he is just very hungry b/c i was sick with hyperemesis the whole time....i dont know if thats the truth but it seems logical to me....
    schadtzen

Comment by schadtzen (original poster) at 8:21 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• and as far as nursing i do it as often as i can i never made much from the start i wanted nothing but breastmilk for my son and actually am still a bit emotional over it.. he was premie too at 5 lbs and 3 weeks and 3 days early....i just cant figure out why his schedule is never a regular amount of formula it seems that sometimes it 6 ounces sometimes its 4 sometimes 2....and i try the same schedule every day so it just seems so strange to me!!!
    schadtzen

Comment by schadtzen (original poster) at 8:25 PM on Jan. 13, 2011