How can I get him to stop feeling neglected?

I babysit a 3 year old and a one year old and I have my 2 year old. The 3 year old I think feels like he doesn't get enough attention bc I can't just drop everything and focus on him. He doesn't care if the others or hurt or anything, it's just look at me. My son and the baby tend to play together more so I usually stay in whatever room they are in bc they also tend to fight. So he gets so mad if I can't go to the other room and just sit with him. He does get attention just not as much as the baby. His sister is the same way but luckily I only have her on school holidays.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:04 AM on Jan. 13, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• This child probably feels this way from his home life and nothing you will do will change this, just try to ignore his pleas and treat him like you do the rest.

Answer by older at 10:06 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• i would give them all the same attention,,,,
    gardenchic

Answer by gardenchic at 10:12 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• I agree giving them all the same attention would be best. If the little ones are playing togther in a certain room see if he will come into that room as well. If his sister is the same way then they probably don't get a lot of attention at home so they are looking for it somewhere else. You can't always fill this need although maybe you could give him a little extra time every once in a while.

Good Luck!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 11:40 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• Give the 3 year old extra cuddle time.
    Iamasinglemom99

Answer by Iamasinglemom99 at 4:39 PM on Jan. 21, 2011