Divorce question regarding name change.

So, legally, even though my divorce is almost final...I'm keeping my married name, because I don't want to deal with paperwork and such. But I'm thinking about dropping it in my personal life. What I mean is that with people who knew me by my maiden name, I'm thinking about going by my maiden name and on social sites such as Facebook. Make sense and what is your opinion?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:19 AM on Jan. 13, 2011 in Relationships

• I think that would be fine.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 10:22 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• it sounds alright to me. but personally-when i get my divorce, i dont want to keep my married name-im willing to do what i have to do change it back.
    JaydnsMom22

Answer by JaydnsMom22 at 10:31 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• It's not that hard to change your name. I'm happy I took my name back after. It was liberating for me. Our boys didn't mind, they understood that it was the name I was born with.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 10:37 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• I think it is up to you. Keeping the name is fine if you want.
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 10:38 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• Yep go for it!:)
    khf22

Answer by khf22 at 10:39 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• I wish my husbands ex wife (the marriage was nuled since he was to young to get married) would change her damn last name. This is something that happened 15 years ago. And she still calls him her EX husband when intruducing herself. Drives me crazy!! She is mentally unstable after having 3 strokes, so she is hard to talk too. She has never really been in a true relationship and is now in her 40s. We are very close friends and I love her to death. But I wish she would take her own last name.
    MKSers

Answer by MKSers at 10:40 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• Frankly it is your choice to do either.. However avoid the confusion.. either use it in all things.. or drop it in all things.. JMO.

mksers: Just so you know.. Even though the marraige was annulled(sp?) Doesn't mean it was not a true relationship, Doesn't mean it wasn't a real marraige.. It means it got legally removed. That is it. And since they were legally married atleast for a time.. SHE DOES HAVE THE RIGHT LEGALLY TO USE AND CLAIM THAT NAME.
    2boys4momma

Answer by 2boys4momma at 10:50 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• I also so either keep it or use it but avoid confusion and be consistant. I kept my married name because of our boys and it was my name for 10 years. (that is until I remarried). However if I ever get divorced again, (which Im positive i wont) I think I'll go back to my maiden name.
    JennyJenny529

Answer by JennyJenny529 at 10:53 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• Thats what my mom did and it worked out fine.
    klhoe

Answer by klhoe at 11:40 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• That's what I do because it would cost me about $500 to have it changed back legally since my divorce is already final.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:07 PM on Jan. 13, 2011