Do you really need everyone's opinion before you can make a decision?

Are you just unaware of your options? (That would create a valid reason for a question.) Or are you incapable of deciding for yourself what is right or wrong? I am not talking about solving world hunger. I am talking about little things. Am I just being mean or does anyone else see this?

SusieD250

Asked by SusieD250 at 5:48 PM on Nov. 12, 2008 in General Parenting

• Of course, random strangers on the internet are the best people to turn to for advise. They are always looking out for your best interests.
    candiccane

Answer by candiccane at 10:20 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• I think too many people second guess themselves nowadays. They're torn between their head and their heart. I also think a lot of people don't want to be left with "what if" questions.

It's sad :( I agree with you.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 5:50 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• Thank you. I thought I was losing my mind. I didn't ask near this many questions about things.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 5:53 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• That thought has crossed my mind a few times, too. It makes me think there are a lot of women who don't have confidence in their wonderful selves! :(
    KnoxvilleDoula

Answer by KnoxvilleDoula at 5:55 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• I don't think women need so much opinion as experience, etc. Don't you ask your friends for opinions or advice or whatever? Here you have such a multitude of women you're bound to have tons of experience (and unwanted advice, opinions, etc. lol) and lots of sources for whatever your question. I know ladies on here that have helped others with breastfeeding questions, etc.

I don't see what's wrong with asking a question.

Plus, sometimes a new mother doesn't know everything. (Like, what did you do when your baby was gassy? and so on). It doesn't mean she can't make up her mind, it just means she'll be able to get more answers and suggestions and hopefully find a solution.
    loli_usn17

Answer by loli_usn17 at 5:55 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• I think it's helpful to question some problems just because someone may offer advice that you wouldn't have even considered. Hence the valid reason for a question. It's not mean that is just your opinion.
    Lizzie32390

Answer by Lizzie32390 at 5:56 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• 1/2 these questions i ask are just for drama....I really don't think it has happened to most of us!!! LoL.....Like why do people get so upset about questions being asked LOL????
    Anonymous

• I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN. IM ONE OF THOSE PEOPLE. I THINK THE REASON I DO IT IS BECAUSE I DONT WANNA BE BLAMED FOR MAKING A MISTAKE. THIS IS THE FIRST TIME IM ADMITTING THAT. IF I MAKE A DECISION, AND IT ENDED UP BEING A BAD ONE, I WANNA BE ABLE TO SAY "SO AND SO THOUGHT IT WAS A GOOD IDEA ". WEAKNESS I GUESS.
    rochellejames

Answer by rochellejames at 12:47 AM on Nov. 13, 2008