Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

3 Bumps

Your sister is doing this.. HOW WOULD YOU HANDLE IT..

I have 2 sisters.. a pregnant one.. and this one I am gonna discribe.

This other sister.. Sarah.. She is living with her husband, Dating a man in the army(She says her and hubby both are seeing other people just for conveniance sake.. living together so the kids aren't bothered.) But she also works at a Bar until the wee hours of the night. Atleast 2+ nights a week doesn't come home for atleast 24ish hours after she has finished work. NEVER ANSWERS CELLPHONE WHEN SHE IS GONE(NO MATTER WHAT FOR ANY REASON..)

Her husband sits home (UNEMPLOYED)and smokes a synthetic pot all day/night long. Never interacts with the kids..aside from telling them to go play.. My sisters 60 year old father has to take care of all the kids needs atleast 3-4 days a week.. Plus he works a full time job..(technically were half sisters... as we have different fathers but same mom.) Now when my sisters dad isn't able to watch the kids my mom is often guilted into babysitting and ends up watching their 3 kids for long periods of time.. some times as recently as from christmas to new years.. it was for a 7 day period of time when my sister and her husband never even called to check on the kids.

Well I am tired of it all.. My sister is on facebook all the time sharing things and saying things I would be ASHAMED TO SAY TO ANYONE AT ANY TIME.. EVER!

And her husband well he seems to not care as long as he has no responcibility for anyone but himself..(even that is questionable)

More than anything I am worried for the kids.. and I hate seeing my sister act this way. Our whole family is tired of this.. Which started about 6 months ago when my sister litterally disapeared for 14 days was gone.. we even filed a missing persons report.. and then just showed back up and acted like we were all assholes for being pissed about her doing that..

So am I over reacting when I SAY I AM ABOUT TO CALL CPS AND REPORT MY SISTER AND BROTHER IN LAW BECAUSE OF THE NEGLECT AND LACK OF PROPER CARE FOR THE KIDS... It isn't my mom's or my sister's dad's job.. And they themselves have mentioned that they think something DRASTIC has to happen to change things.. ??


Asked by 2boys4momma at 10:27 AM on Jan. 13, 2011 in Kids' Health

Level 14 (1,513 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (20)
  • Some parents don't deserve to be parents nor have kids. YES!! Do report them. Gotta think of the safety,well-being, health of all those kids. Parents don't sound very responsible of themselves. YOU WILL BE DOING THE RIGHT THING!!

    Answer by diamondsarecool at 10:53 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

  • Something definitely needs to done. I hope that someone in the family is able and wants to step up and accept the responsibility. It is not good if they have to be put in foster care and be supported by the government when they do have family. Are you or your other sister willing to help these children?

    Answer by tootoobusy at 10:32 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

  • I would call CPS..definitely. She isn't mature enough for kids.

    Answer by SuperrMommyy at 10:36 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

  • The problem with the world today is people like Anon who are scared to get involved. If you or another family member will/can not take these kids, then call CPS and report your sister. She and her pothead husband are two selfish, ignorant Bs that have no business being around ANYBODY's kids! Call CPS today and quit wondering about it. Do what you know you need to do to help those childrenASAP!

    Answer by bamachild88 at 10:37 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

  • You can get food stamps but you are going to have to take your sister to court and show that she and her husband are unfit to care for these kids. CPS can set this all up for you and all you have to do is show up. Go ahead and get your nieces and nephews safely in your home then go to CPS and tell them the situation. They can give your emergency food stamps right away! Peace and blessings. God will make a way and you will never lack for anything if you do the right thing and get those kids now!

    Answer by bamachild88 at 10:43 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

  • If you feel the children are in danger then report it! Screw the anon's response if you honestly 100% feel like your niece's/nephews are in danger contact the authorities ASAP!

    Answer by jdbrown21 at 10:32 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

  • It sounds like you do need to step in for the welfare of the kids. Good luck.

    Answer by pennycandy at 10:33 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

  • I don't think you are overreacting at all. I think that the children need to be cared for. If I were in your situation, I would probably call CPS. I would hope though that someone in you all's family would be willing to take the children.

    Answer by mommy11260 at 10:34 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

  • Report it. DCF needs to get involved. The kids are lucky to have their grandfather around & your mom. But I guess I would ask if any of you are willing to have the kids come live with you. I doubt your sister or her husband are going to do a turn around any time soon, even if DCF gets involved.

    Answer by sweetpotato418 at 10:37 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

  • I'd step in. This is neglect at best and disappearing from home for 14 days I'd call abandonment. She and her husband are, for lack of a better word, adults. If they want to destroy their own lives there is nothing that can be done for them. But those children are helpless and can't help but be suffering from the parents behavior. Don't wait to try to help those kids. It could only get worse.

    Answer by wildflowers25 at 10:39 AM on Jan. 13, 2011