How do you go about finding in home daycares?

Word of mounth is not a good option as many of our friends have family members etc... I have tried craigslist. Looked at out state registry list. Any other good resources?

J.P

Asked by J.P at 10:35 AM on Jan. 13, 2011 in General Parenting

• www.sittercity.com

www.care.com
    jdbrown21

Answer by jdbrown21 at 10:36 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• when you interview, ask a LOT of questions, and do a lot of home visits. I'm a big advocate of home daycare rather than center daycare, but with ANY daycare, you need to find what's best for you (and your sanity). I think CL and the other places jdbrown suggested are good options for finding care. Make sure the inital interview is over the phone, but then at least one or two more in person at the providers home. Just understand, while having a visitor, sometimes kids act up more! but this gives you a good way to see how discipline is handled too.
    boobarandbell

Answer by boobarandbell at 11:12 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• There may be a resource and referral phone number or website that can help you out. Here a person would call the agency that oversees all of the training for care providers. We are very lucky to have them, I don't know if all states do or not honestly. If you get a hold of the agency that does the actual licensing for your state they should be able to set you in the right direction.
    Jessica157

Answer by Jessica157 at 11:14 AM on Jan. 13, 2011