What do you like about a Non-denominational Church?

crazycrazymom74

Asked by crazycrazymom74 at 5:49 PM on Nov. 12, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• I love the fact that everything is taught straight out of the Bible and its more about God and your relationship with him and less about what religion you are.
    jojo13

Answer by jojo13 at 5:55 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• Nothing...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 5:55 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• There is no Bullshit when you go to a non-den. No one really bothers you and you can come in and leave. No sticking around afterwards,
    Anonymous

• The music is awesome and its relaxed....you can dress casual and God loves you the same!
    Anonymous

• you can worship anyway you want
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 6:44 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• Basically what it says on our website and signs.. it's about a relationship, not religion. I grew up in a strict denomination.. lots of rules that were not in the bible. The non-denom church I attend teaches the bible... the worship rocks (and I mean that literally), it's casual but some do dress up.. i pretty much wear jeans every weekend... u can be tattooed, pierced, be a guy with long hair, multi colored hair etc.. and they don't judge u on that... because it's about your relationship with Jesus.
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 6:48 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• I like everything about non-denom churches. Like someone else said, it's stuff straight from the Bible...no man-made traditions.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 7:10 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• I grew up in a baptist home and I now belong to a non denominational church and I love it. I think all churches should be non denominational becuase to many religions are focused on there beleifs and rituals when it fact god created us all equal he he doesnt care what we wear to church as long as we live by the bible and spread his word. My 8 year old son has gotten more out of this church than our other church becuae they teach on his level and he loves the lord and loves talking about him and to me it was all worth it. there is only one god and one heaven why all the different religons, who knows
    desperateat48

Answer by desperateat48 at 7:11 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• I think they're pretty great. I've attended one for two years before I had to move away. I love the relaxed atmosphere and how it's a celebration of our relationship with God and they have a way of making the Bible more "now", where it speaks to our day to day lives in THIS century.
    jenettyshome

Answer by jenettyshome at 8:06 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• i don't like anything about them but i think that they are people who thought it a good idea to make some money and start a church and called it non-denominational. i joked once to my hubby and said we should start a church since we need money and people seem to buy into it. there are like so many churches out in our area that are being held in schools and even one outside on the golf course. wow. he didn't like my idea. i think that pastors or whatevers should do a service and not get paid to preach.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 8:19 PM on Nov. 12, 2008