Your sibling is doing this.. How would you react? Posted in Kid's Health also

I have 2 sisters.. a pregnant one.. and this one I am gonna discribe.

This other sister.. Sarah.. She is living with her husband, Dating a man in the army(She says her and hubby both are seeing other people just for conveniance sake.. living together so the kids aren't bothered.) But she also works at a Bar until the wee hours of the night. Atleast 2+ nights a week doesn't come home for atleast 24ish hours after she has finished work. NEVER ANSWERS CELLPHONE WHEN SHE IS GONE(NO MATTER WHAT FOR ANY REASON..)

Her husband sits home (UNEMPLOYED)and smokes a synthetic pot all day/night long. Never interacts with the kids..aside from telling them to go play.. My sisters 60 year old father has to take care of all the kids needs atleast 3-4 days a week.. Plus he works a full time job..(technically were half sisters... as we have different fathers but same mom.) Now when my sisters dad isn't able to watch the kids my mom is often guilted into babysitting and ends up watching their 3 kids for long periods of time.. some times as recently as from christmas to new years.. it was for a 7 day period of time when my sister and her husband never even called to check on the kids.

Well I am tired of it all.. My sister is on facebook all the time sharing things and saying things I would be ASHAMED TO SAY TO ANYONE AT ANY TIME.. EVER!

And her husband well he seems to not care as long as he has no responcibility for anyone but himself..(even that is questionable)

More than anything I am worried for the kids.. and I hate seeing my sister act this way. Our whole family is tired of this.. Which started about 6 months ago when my sister litterally disapeared for 14 days was gone.. we even filed a missing persons report.. and then just showed back up and acted like we were all assholes for being pissed about her doing that..

So am I over reacting when I SAY I AM ABOUT TO CALL CPS AND REPORT MY SISTER AND BROTHER IN LAW BECAUSE OF THE NEGLECT AND LACK OF PROPER CARE FOR THE KIDS... It isn't my mom's or my sister's dad's job.. And they themselves have mentioned that they think something DRASTIC has to happen to change things.. ??

2boys4momma

Asked by 2boys4momma at 10:45 AM on Jan. 13, 2011 in Relationships

• I would call.. Good Luck
    mommato2boys79

Answer by mommato2boys79 at 1:18 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• You need to call now.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:09 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• Call.
    bcauseimthemom

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 10:51 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• I would call... GOOD LUCK
    klhoe

Answer by klhoe at 11:39 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• i would deff call. im going throu the same thing wit my sister. she is the oldest out of all of us 6 kids..used to look up to her. she had the life. she has 5 kids n make her older 2 take care of the younger ones,,change diapers clean them feed them ect ect all so she can hook up wit guys go clubbing, drinking whatever she wants..totally abuses the system doesnt have a job isnt even lookin for one for almost 2 years now. it gets me so mad cuz her kids dont even get to be kids n have fun cuz she makes them take care of everything!!! i just recently found out she gives her 3 year old alcohol so he can go to sleep. my sister is a DUMB BITCH! yes i said it a dumb bitch. i wish she would grow up n put those kds first. i really hate what she is doing.
    mommyof3_21

Answer by mommyof3_21 at 12:54 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• But she has crutches to support her...why be upset with just her? Your mother stands in for her and her father stands in for her. From the picture you painted, the kids aren't being neglected while in the care of the grandparents and the kids are with the grandparents the majority of the time...Maybe you didn't mention how well the kids are being taken care of while in her care and if that's the case, I would first have a talk with my sister to find out what's really going on because a mother doesn't up and leave her kids for 14 days without a phone call. There's a lot more to this story than what's being said right now...
    mom2mybabes

Answer by mom2mybabes at 1:22 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• mom2mybabes,
    I love that your being so generous.. I really do. I wish there was something nice.. I could say. I LOVE MY SISTER DEARLY.. If she was doing a good job.. I WOULD BE FIRST IN LINE TO SAY SO.. AND DEFEND HER TO THE HILT..

But this is not the first time she has run off. Back when her oldest was only 8 months old she ran off with another guy for almost a year...

When her second son was almost a year she ran off for about 6 weeks and showed up in california.. God only knows how..or why?

Each time she does this she expects no one will need a reason.. or explination of why...

This time.. I suppose we were just lucky it was only.. 14 days.. but one of these times.. SOMETHING WILL HAVE TO BE DONE.. My point is Yes I am entirely angry with my mom and my sisters dad for ENABLEING HER TO CONTINUE THIS BEHAVIOR BY COVERING FOR HER.. BUT WHEN SHE DOES IT.. IF THEY DIDN'T WHAT THEN?
    2boys4momma

Comment by 2boys4momma (original poster) at 8:42 AM on Jan. 14, 2011